News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't get settings to stay after reboot

Started by GVwatercao, August 31, 2011, 08:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GVwatercao

I'm using GV on SP1.  I've been trying to turn off VM indicator and stutter dial tone, and have unchecked MWIEnable, X_VMWIEnable, and MessageWaiting (individually and together, multiple times), submitted the changes, and rebooted (through the web portal, by dialing ***9, 1, and by turning off power), but each time it returns to the default with all the boxes checked. Any suggestions?  My firmware is updated.

LeftRight

If you configure everything through OBiTALK web portal, you need to enable auto provisioning -

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method

jimates

If using Obi Expert Configuration you should uncheck all 3 boxes for each item and click "submit" at the bottom of the page. Rebooting is not necessary when using expert config.

RonR

Voice Services -> Spx -> MessageWaiting

does NOT exist on the OBiTALK Web Portal and can only be manipulated in the OBi directly.

In order to make changes to the OBi directly and not have them overwritten by the OBiTALK Web Portal, you must set:

(f/w versions less than 1.3.0):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioniing : Method : Disabled

(f/w versions 1.3.0 or greater):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning : Method : Disabled

jimates

when I opened the portal in my browser it would only display a portion of the pages. I just assumed the same items were available from the expert config.

Really dumb to have an expert configuration without all the settings.

GVwatercao

Thanks for the help.  Now the lights on my phones won't be flashing all night long telling me I have a message waiting.