News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new purchase, no incoming calls on google voice

Started by CaeSly, July 10, 2018, 06:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaeSly

I recently purchased and setup a obitalk 202 and went through all initial steps to configure with google voice. It makes outgoing calls fine but will not receive incoming calls. At first, I verified the Google Chat box was checked, it was. I verified the firmware was up to date by visiting the device's IP - it says 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) which looked to be the most up-to-date. I also called ***6, it said "not available". I had seen a thread about deleting Google Chat as a forwarding device "as of June 2018" that Hangouts and new Obi device firmware should "just work", so I deleted Google Chat as a forwarding. It didn't change anything, now I can't get the option back in Voice. I tried making a call via Gmail (not Hangouts) from the Voice account to get Google Chat back, didn't work. I tried removing Voice as an SP, removing ObiTALK as a forwarding device on Voice, deleting the Obi from my ObiTALK account, resetting the Obi via the paperclip button on bottom of the device and starting completely over. I even tried making sure Do Not Disturb was deactivated by dialing *79 which I couldn't tell changed anything.

As of right now, the phone will still only make outgoing calls. Under Legacy Voice Settings it shows my ObiTALK device as a forwarding device - it does not show any forwarding device under the new Google Voice settings. I can add my cell phone and my wife's cell phone as forwarding devices and they will ring, but still not the landline phone connected to the Obi. These are cordless landline phones that we had connected to a Sprint Phone Connect landline base when we ported out to Google Voice in hopes of a seamless transfer over to Voice and Obi...so far it's quite the opposite...

The Voice is an account with GSuite so it's Not a "@gmail.com". There are only two accounts, myself [admin] and the one that has Voice enabled [my wife]).  Hangouts and Hangouts Chat is enabled for all users. I've never messed with the default settings in GSuite.

Only other out-of-the-ordinary is I have a static IP with my ISP.

I have been troubleshooting this for about 10 hours today, searched through countless threads on Obi and Google and keep coming back to the same ones that have not resolved my issue.

Please help.

SteveInWA

I suggest that you set up a regular consumer Gmail account and configure that account on your device, for comparison of symptoms.