News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant not recognizing the key press

Started by User.82, July 10, 2018, 09:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

User.82

Hello,

I have an OBI110 I have been using for several years on a landline. In the past year or so I started to use the Auto Attendant to screen the robocalls, telemarketers, etc.... The AA worked fine, the caller was asked to press 1 to continue the call.

I recently cancelled the landline and now I have OOMA. The problem I have with the AA is that it is not recognizing the 1 key press and keeps prompting to press a key to continue the call. Occasionally, if I press 1 several times the call will go through.

According to this post: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1243.0 support has a fix but unfortunately their response to my email was "device is not supported anymore", buy a new one that we support.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix the key press issue that would be great.

Thank you

User.82

Any idea on how to fix the key press issue? A fix for a "supported" device should work on OBI110 as well. I don't want to get rid of this box and buy one that I have no use for, as I am not using GVoice, and don't need additional functionality newer devices might have. I only use OBI to screen and block the robocalls and for this purpose the 110 works fine ---- except for the key press issue... Thanks.

drgeoff

Try a modest increase to the ChannelRxGain.  Physical Interfaces, Line Port, Port Settings.

User.82

drgeoff thank you for your reply. I tried to change the ChannelRxGain settings in increments of 1 and went up to 10 but the issue persisted. I also tried to change values up/down on some of the other Line Port > Port Settings entries but none of the changes worked. The AA still prompts to press 1 and doesn't recognize the key press and it drops the call after 3 attempts... Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Also, to clarify, this is not an issue with this particular device, it is not defective. I tried on a device I borrowed from a friend and that one behaved exactly the same..... so it it likely a configuration issue....

User.82

Update: drgeoff, the ChannelRxGain change worked, I played with it and had to actually decrease, not increase, the number from default 5 to 2 and now AA registers the key press and the phone rings. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Now, a new problem I just figured out occurs, OOMA voicemail does not work (not related to the ChannelRxGain change as it doesn't work with the default settings either). The phone continues to ring for about 1 min instead of OOMA voicemail to answer after 5 rings, then the call drops. If I turn on the phone's voicemail, it picks up after 5 rings, but it would be nice to be able to use OOMA's voice mail for the additional features... Any idea on how to fix this one? Thank you.

JohnC1972

Hi, I have the same problem, except I have the OBI200.  I've tried changing ChannelRxGain values but when I change the values to anything other than the default the phone simply stops ringing until I go back to the default settings.

Do I just need to purchase the Obi phone?

User.82

JohnC1972, you should send an email to support@obihai.com and ask them how to fix this issue. Unlike mine, your device is still supported and they should be able to help. Please post the results...

drgeoff

Quote from: JohnC1972 on July 20, 2018, 12:05:33 PM
Hi, I have the same problem, except I have the OBI200.  I've tried changing ChannelRxGain values but when I change the values to anything other than the default the phone simply stops ringing until I go back to the default settings.

You are doing something wrong. There is no way that changing the ChannelRxGain should cause the phone not to ring.

JohnC1972

Quote from: drgeoff on July 23, 2018, 09:57:55 AM
Quote from: JohnC1972 on July 20, 2018, 12:05:33 PM

You are doing something wrong. There is no way that changing the ChannelRxGain should cause the phone not to ring.

Yeah, well that is what it is doing.  I tried increasing and decreasing and it did not help.

JohnC1972

Quote from: User.82 on July 23, 2018, 06:21:18 AM
JohnC1972, you should send an email to support@obihai.com and ask them how to fix this issue. Unlike mine, your device is still supported and they should be able to help. Please post the results...

Thanks, I realized that after and did just that.  Will post results if they ever get back to me.  No response yet.

JohnC1972

Quote from: User.82 on July 23, 2018, 06:21:18 AM

Support got back to me and said two things:
1) Use a digital phone (which I am)
2) Go to Google voice settings and disable call screening.

So not really a solution.

SteveInWA

John:  you piggy-backed on another user's discussion.  You have a different device, and you didn't clearly explain how your situation is related, other than you apparently have a telephone plugged into an OBi 200 and that telephone doesn't ring under some unexplained conditions.

If you want us to help figure out what is wrong, you need to start from the beginning, as if this were your own thread, not User.82's thread, and explain in detail how you are using the device and what is not working with what.