News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forward to Cell from SP4 (gvoice)

Started by Gorg10, July 10, 2018, 11:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorg10

Hello,

I had this set up and working once before but stupidly erased my configuration and cannot find the appropriate advice after searching and looking through many threads.

This is the deal:

I have a Google Voice account set up on SP4. I would like this to forward all calls to my cellphone but go to Google Voice voicemail if I don't answer. I can't set it up through Google Voice the official way because I already have more linked accounts than I should.

I think last time, under SP4, I just checked CallForwardUnconditionalEnable and then wrote some letters and a number under CallForwardUnconditionalNumber. Maybe I'm wrong but pretty sure I did not touch Line1.

I don't have anything to give in return but you might like this picture of my cat:

Thanks!

A_Friend

No promises, but try something like this:  SP4(18005551212)

One problem with trying to hit GV voicemail is that the initial call counts as "answered" the moment Obi accepts it for forwarding.  However, if you're sending it out again via GV, that essentially second call will not count as answered if no one picks up and it will go to voicemail.  GV gives you two sessions on one SP (or at least used to under XMPP), so if that's still true you can theoretically do this.  OR, you could send it out on another SP if that one has GV, too.  But, if you use one with a different carrier, no GV voicemail for you!

Good luck.