News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

RE: E911 for OBi Device

Started by Moseley, August 31, 2011, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moseley

Can I setup E911 on the OBi100 and OBi110 and be able to dial emergency 911?

RonR

Yes, with a service provider that offers E911.  There's nothing special required in the OBi, other than sending the 911 call to SP1 or SP2 instead of the LINE Port.  It's an easy change:

Original:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

New:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:spx},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},

where spx is sp1 or sp2.

Moseley

I have google voice in sp1 can I add those settings and that will allow me to make 911 calls?

RonR

Google Voice does not support E911.

The best you can do with Google Voice is have 911 call a non-emergency number:

New:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{(<911:12341234567>):sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},

where 12341234567 is the non-emergency number to call when 911 is dialed.

Blacky

Is there a 911 service I can add to the obi device?

tome

Quote from: Blacky on September 02, 2011, 01:26:08 AM
Is there a 911 service I can add to the obi device?

I signed up for 911 from CallCentric.com.  It is cheap ($1.50/mo) plus a $1.50 one time set up fee. There are many other providers though (most of the voip providers)...

Tom

Blacky

I looked at the callcentric website and didn't see a 911 plan for $1.50 a month how do I get it and set it up on the obi device?

RonR

Blacky

ronr I can't setup 911 on the obi without a 911 service provider to put it in their system. So how does your settings help?

Blacky

Tom I setup a callcentric account and put it on my obi but I don't see a 911 product to add to my account how did you signup for a stand alon 911 service from callcentric?

Blacky

Let me ask my question clearer I am looking for a stand alone 911 service to put on my OBi device so I can have google voice in SP1 and the E911 service in SP2 and not pay a large monthly fee for a VOIP provider to give me service I am only looking to have a Seperate E911 service so I can setup customers to make free calls with google voice and still be able to call 911 from their phone in an emergency can I do that?

Thank you for all you help

tome

Quote from: Blacky on September 03, 2011, 01:07:18 AM
Let me ask my question clearer I am looking for a stand alone 911 service to put on my OBi device so I can have google voice in SP1 and the E911 service in SP2 and not pay a large monthly fee for a VOIP provider to give me service I am only looking to have a Seperate E911 service so I can setup customers to make free calls with google voice and still be able to call 911 from their phone in an emergency can I do that?

Thank you for all you help

You sign up for CallCentric Pay Per Call plan.  You are not required to get a phone number, CallCentric will assign you a sip number that is sent to the e911 call center along with your name/address info.   You will be required to deposit $5.00 in your plan account for outbound calls but if you are only using it for e911 then you won't be making calls.  You will be charged $1.50 set up and $1.50/mo for 911.

Change your Phone Port OutboundCallRoute  per RonR's instructions.  Follow CallCentric's setup page for enabling your account only on SP2 (since you have GV on SP1) and away you go...  http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100

They say you don't need to test it, but I did just to verify that the 911 call center got the correct information.  I told the 911 operator immediately that I was testing my service from a voip provider.  CallCentric had missed an "N" for North in my address as well as the township that I am in. So I was glad I tested it.  I opened a ticket with CallCentric (on their website) and it was fixed the next day.

When the above is done look at this thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1437.0
You may want to change the digit map that CallCentric gives you to the one in this thread.

Tom

Blacky

so Tom when I setup the callcentric payper call plan on SP2 will I be making calls out of my GV on SP1 by default and still be able just pickup the phone and dial 911 even though the default outgoing path is through SP1(GV)?

Also I see in the linked post you say not to change the digimap in SP2 for callcentric so should I leave the Digi path in SP2 on default?

Because I am a little confused can you give me a link to a step by step instructions of how you setup your callcentric on SP2 on your OBi?

What service are you using for SP1?

Thanks in advance

Blacky

I setup the 911 service with Callcentric and it worked  :) but the Emegency operator asked me for my number and she said it wasn't the callcentric number 1777 it was a 973 number which doesn't show up in call centric dashboard how do I find out the phone number?

Also should I change back Digimap on SP2 from callcentric to the default does it effect SP1?

tome

Quote from: Blacky on September 03, 2011, 11:26:34 AM
I setup the 911 service with Callcentric and it worked  :) but the Emegency operator asked me for my number and she said it wasn't the callcentric number 1777 it was a 973 number which doesn't show up in call centric dashboard how do I find out the phone number?

Also should I change back Digimap on SP2 from callcentric to the default does it effect SP1?

I also have Google Voice on SP1 and make outgoing calls there as well.  The PHONE port OutboundCallRoute is the thing that will cause 911 calls to go out SP2.  Everything else will go SP1 (GV) unless you dial **2 in front of it.  The SP2 digit map does not affect SP1.

I didn't actually ask the 911 operator what number she saw, they did tell me it was't my home number, but they don't really care because their database just maps the incoming number they see to my info (name, addr, real phone, etc).  I assumed they were seeing my SIP address, but as I said I didn't ask.  If you open a trouble ticket with CallCentric I am sure they will tell you what number they are sending - but to be honest I am not sure why you need to care about it...

I followed the config page on the CallCentric web site and I changed these two things below and everything seems to work swimmingly:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE PORT > OutboundCallRoute
{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers > ITSP Profile > General
Digit Map:   (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Blacky

Tom thank you callcentric gave me the info on 911 caller id info it doesn't make a difference as long as 911 dispatch can call back and they can that is all that matters and for this is awesome Thank you Tom and RRon for helping me this has been a GREAT HELP you guys are awesome!!!  :)

tome

I talked to CallCentric about the phone number issue as I was curious. 

It turns out that if you enable 911 on your account but do not buy a phone number from them, CallCentric assigns one to your account anyway.  However, you can't normally place incoming calls to that number (even if you find out what it is).  When a 911 call is placed to the call center, CallCentric's systems allow this number to be called back for a short period of time (where short is probably some number of hours - my guess).  After that it goes dead again until the next 911 call.

Tom