News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot make calls, how do I add Google Chat now to forward? I did not see It

Started by fuguansun@gmail.com, July 11, 2018, 01:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuguansun@gmail.com

I somehow di dnot see GoogleChat in Forward setting. How do I add it? right now phone is not working.

Thanks,

lrosenman

Google Chat (AKA XMPP) is going away.  On an OBI device, simply add Google Voice through OBiTalk.com.

fuguansun@gmail.com

THanks. I did. but Whenever I dial out, there is a female voice said We could not complete your call, please try again.

What is wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

lrosenman

You have provided insufficient information here for any of us to help you.  That female voice is probably google saying it doesn't like what it was presented.

We can only guess here.

fuguansun@gmail.com

Thanks for response. What I mean is I cannot make calls. Everytime I place a call, it has a pre-recorded voice said We could not complete your call, please try again.

Thanks

fuguansun@gmail.com

Yes, I just tried , it works by calling through google voice web page.

fuguansun@gmail.com

I  believe it is the issue with obitalk?

lrosenman

Probably, but I'm going to leave this for one of the more senior folks on the Forum to troubleshoot.

SteveInWA

fuguansun@gmail.com

SteveInWA

I read through all of your posts over the years.  They have all been about your OBi 100.  Do you realize that the 100 is no longer supported for Google Voice?  Did you buy a new OBi 200 to replace it?

fuguansun@gmail.com

I did not. I made it work last week by applying a patch, but the outgoing calls are no audio. That is why I deleted the device in the obitalk and re-set it up.

Now it has this issue.

lrosenman

I'd recommend STRONGLY spending the $50 (OBi 200) or $70 (Obi202) and get to a supported platform.  The Obi 100 series CAN slave off of the 2xx so it's not a brick.