News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help with setup

Started by jjkel, July 15, 2018, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjkel

???Help - please!
I have an obi 202 which was successfully set up and working with a single gv account  for well over a year.  Recently, i installed a new router system - a google wifi mesh system.  the Obi continued to work.

More recently - the obi stopped working.

I tried troubleshooting in obitalk dashboard i was getting a device provisioning and device configuration error.  I reset the device and deleted it from my dashboard.  Now i am trying to re-add to the dashboard but it wont add back.  (for reference there are no other devices on my dashboard)
I rebooted both obi and router.   Tried again - still not able to add it.

Cannot connect with **9 222 222 222 (there is no service to complete your call)

The Obi is connected via cat 5 cable to a switch which goes to main google wifi router puck.   Solid Green LED

I am able to get an IP address by doing a *** 1

Just tried to update the firmware - hooked obi up to my PC with LAN port on OBI - I got firmware package checksum error.  

What am I doing wrong?

from the IP Page
Status   Service Not Configured

OBiTALK Service Statushelp
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Backing Off (26);ex-addr=108.7.197.211:10000(10000)

ModelName   OBi202   help
MACAddress   9CADEFWW01C6E   help
SerialNumber   8sdD01NA00UDV   help
OBiNumber   500 281 327   help
HardwareVersion   1.4   help
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)   help
SystemTime   14:21:47 07/15/2018, Sunday   help
UpTime   0 Days 0:13:09 (0)   help
CertificatesStatus   Installed   help
CustomizationStatus   Generic   help
PhoneBookEntries   0 Unique Name/Number Pairs   help
OBiExtras   Locked

Thanks   - I changed a couple of numbers in entries above for security

drgeoff

1.  Your OBi is already using the latest firmware.  Obihai recently started using signed firmwares.  The firmware on your OBi now will reject an unsigned firmware.  The firmware you have downloaded to your computer to install manually is probably an older unsigned one.  In summary, nothing you need to worry about.

2.  By default OB's get their IP address, DNS server and gateway by DHCP.  Did you change your OBi to use static IP addressing?  (This is NOT a suggestion that you should.)

3.  Until you can successfully call the **9 222 222 222 number you have no hope of re-registering your OBi to the portal.  So don't waste your time trying.

4.  Please delete the duplicate posts.