News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric on OBi202

Started by phonebob, July 20, 2018, 12:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonebob

I have an OBi202, and two google voice numbers.  I would like to have incoming calls from each GV number forward to a (different) free callcentric incoming number, and ring a different line.  In configuring this through OBiTALK, I see that the callcentric numbers are identified only by the account number.  That apparently means I need to have two callcentric accounts to get the numbers to ring different lines.  Can I get two callcentric numbers from the same account to ring different lines by using one of the other configuration interfaces?  I so, how?

Thanks!

BTW, the reason I want incoming calls to go through callcentric is because it sems to have much better caller ID.

SteveInWA

Assuming you have two different Google Voice inbound numbers, and you want to detour those inbound calls through Callcentric, then I suggest getting two different CC free NY State DIDs.  I believe you can have two freebies per CC account.  The primary CC account number (e.g. 1777277xxxx) can be assigned multiple extensions.  Each extension is designated by a 3-digit suffix after the CC number, (e.g. 1777277xxxx101).  Each extension becomes a separate, unique SIP registration, so you need to fill in the SIP password field on the CC dashboard for each one (it can be the same password for all extensions if you wish).

You control the routing of those numbers on the CC dashboard, including which number to send as caller ID, and then you simply configure your OBi to use that extension on a given SPx.

phonebob

Thanks, SteveIn WA.  I also had to add specific "call treatments" in my CC dashboard, one to route the incoming calls from each number to the appropriate extension.  Configuring the extensions with the proper outgoing caller ID apparently does not affect incoming call routing - without the call treatments they all went to the default extension.  Now it seems to work as I want.

SteveInWA

Quote from: phonebob on July 20, 2018, 03:11:30 PM
Thanks, SteveIn WA.  I also had to add specific "call treatments" in my CC dashboard, one to route the incoming calls from each number to the appropriate extension.  Configuring the extensions with the proper outgoing caller ID apparently does not affect incoming call routing - without the call treatments they all went to the default extension.  Now it seems to work as I want.

Right; yes, I should have added that step.  Glad you got it working.