News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Possible to use Obi100 as second phone port to Obi200?

Started by sportflyer, July 20, 2018, 12:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportflyer

I have configured Obi200 with GV on SP1 and it's functioning  well.

Now I have a Obi100  that is "obsolete" as far as GV is concerned. Instead of trashing the Obi100 can I use it in conjunction with Obi200 as a second phone port to the Obi200?

If so , whats the connection between the 2 units ? Also how to configure Obi200 so that incoming calls on SP3 ( with GV#2 ) are routed to OBi100 phone port?  and vice versa?

Thanks

sportflyer

Two questions:

1) I assume I have to reset the Obi100 before deploying it because the original was configured for GVGW ?  How to reset and not loose the last firmware update ?

2) Connect the Obi100  to router same as Obi200

Thanks

azrobert

1. You don't need a reset. Just delete SP1 using the OBiTalk dashboard then use OBi Expert to make the config changes.

2. This method uses the OBiTalk network to transfer calls between the 2 boxes, so the OBi100 can be connected to a router located in another network or a router on the same network.

sportflyer

Quote from: azrobert on July 20, 2018, 04:54:47 PM
1. You don't need a reset. Just delete SP1 using the OBiTalk dashboard then use OBi Expert to make the config changes.

2. This method uses the OBiTalk network to transfer calls between the 2 boxes, so the OBi100 can be connected to a router located in another network or a router on the same network.

I have removed Obi100 from my Obitalk dashboard before I added the Obi200.  This means I have to add Obi100 device back to the obi dashboard for the method to work .

azrobert

To use the OBiTalk network for routing calls, the OBi100 must be added to OBiTalk. It doesn't take much effort to add the OBi100 back to OBiTalk.

There is another method that routes calls over your local network that doesn't have this requirement. You can do the configuration from the OBi100's local interface. It's a little harder setup, but it's a better solution. You're not dependent on the OBiTalk network. It's a similar setup except you need to define a dummy trunk on each box to do the routing.

It's your call on what method you want to use.

drgeoff

Quote from: sportflyer on July 20, 2018, 04:01:52 PMHow to reset and not loose the last firmware update ?
It is a common misconception that a reset returns to the firmware version that was originally installed when the OBi was manufactured. It does not. An OBi's flash memory contains only one version of firmware. A firmware update overwrites what was there previously. The reset loads the configuration parameter values which are the defaults for the firmware in the OBi.

sportflyer

Quote from: drgeoff on July 20, 2018, 11:53:38 PM
Quote from: sportflyer on July 20, 2018, 04:01:52 PMHow to reset and not loose the last firmware update ?
It is a common misconception that a reset returns to the firmware version that was originally installed when the OBi was manufactured. It does not. An OBi's flash memory contains only one version of firmware. A firmware update overwrites what was there previously. The reset loads the configuration parameter values which are the defaults for the firmware in the OBi.

So a reset will keep 2886 which is my current  fw with its default settings?

sportflyer

Quote from: azrobert on July 20, 2018, 09:27:30 PM
To use the OBiTalk network for routing calls, the OBi100 must be added to OBiTalk. It doesn't take much effort to add the OBi100 back to OBiTalk.

There is another method that routes calls over your local network that doesn't have this requirement. You can do the configuration from the OBi100's local interface. It's a little harder setup, but it's a better solution. You're not dependent on the OBiTalk network. It's a similar setup except you need to define a dummy trunk on each box to do the routing.

It's your call on what method you want to use.

Is there a link to the second method so I can see how much more complex it is?  Tks

azrobert

OBi100

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServer: xx.xx.xx.xx
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServerPort: ppp1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A  General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|0)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi100
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with the IP address of the OBi200
Set ppp1 to the OBi200's SP4 X_UserAgentPort

OBi200

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi200
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{>0:ph},{OBi100>(Msp3):sp3}

Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> MaxSessions: 4
2 default is ok if only using SP3 from the OBi100

Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
sp4(0@yy.yy.yy.yy:ppp2)

Replace yy.yy.yy.yy with the IP address of the OBi100
Set ppp2 to the OBi100's SP1 X_UserAgentPort

OBi100
0 will ring the OBi200's Phone Port
All other numbers will be routed to the OBi200's SP3

Inbound OBi200 SP3 calls will ring the OBi100.

sportflyer

Definitely a bit more complicated but not too hard. I understand the procedure you show above .  Is there a way  to route incoming calls to SP3 to only ring the Obi100 and not both phones?  Tks

azrobert

Quote from: sportflyer on July 21, 2018, 09:49:58 AM
Is there a way  to route incoming calls to SP3 to only ring the Obi100 and not both phones?  Tks

Done. Above config modified.

sportflyer

I see you removed "ph," from Voice Services  SP3 X_ Inboundcallroute in Obi200 leaving only SP4 tp achieve ring only obi100.

Thank you so much for the help.