News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Gateway Calling for Google Voice?

Started by ppan, July 20, 2018, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppan

I have already used up SP1-4 on my Obi202.

Is it it possible to setup outbound Gateway calling for Google Voice  (either for a Goggle account with a number or one without one)? If so, how?

azrobert

Quote from: ppan on July 20, 2018, 02:45:25 PM

Is it it possible to setup outbound Gateway calling for Google Voice?

No.

Is one of your current trunks outbound only? If yes, you can define it as a Voice Gateway freeing an SP for GV.

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 20, 2018, 03:02:01 PM
Quote from: ppan on July 20, 2018, 02:45:25 PM

Is it it possible to setup outbound Gateway calling for Google Voice?

No.

Is one of your current trunks outbound only? If yes, you can define it as a Voice Gateway freeing an SP for GV.
Two are GV outbound.
Two are CallCentric inbound.

Thus, nothing left :(.

Any solutions? I have two linksys adapters (SPA 3102 & SPA 2102). Can I somehow use them with the Obi202 for the CallCentric inbound calls, thus freeing up two SPs on the Obi202?

azrobert

You can use one of your Linksys adapters for a Callcentric connection, but the call will ring the Linksys phone port. Are you ok with this?

You can use one Callcentric number for both GV accounts. Both GV numbers will ring the same phone port on the OBi202.

Callcentric can route inbound calls to your OBi202 via your public IP address. If you use this method, you don't need a SP definition on the OBi202 for Callcentric. This can be a complex setup if you have a dynamic public IP address. Are you familiar with Dynamic DNS?

ppan

@azrobert, thank you for your response!

Quote from: azrobert on July 21, 2018, 06:25:04 AM
You can use one of your Linksys adapters for a Callcentric connection, but the call will ring the Linksys phone port. Are you ok with this?
I have a 2-line phone and I need all calls to go through this phone. I don't think it is possible to
combine the Linksys port  & Obi202 port1 into one of the phone ports? If I combine them with a splitter, how would that work for outgoing calls..?

You can use one Callcentric number for both GV accounts. Both GV numbers will ring the same phone port on the OBi202.
We have several GV phone numbers, and I would like one group of numbers to ring one phone line, while the other group rings the other phone line.

Furthermore, GV only allows maximum of two numbers to be forwarded to the same CallCentric number.

BTW, I have tried to forward a GV number to another GV number in attempts to combine the numbers in this way. In general, it doesn't seem to be allowed? However, strangely, it works for one of our GV numbers!

Callcentric can route inbound calls to your OBi202 via your public IP address. If you use this method, you don't need a SP definition on the OBi202 for Callcentric. This can be a complex setup if you have a dynamic public IP address. Are you familiar with Dynamic DNS?
I had a very similar setup with Simons gateway up until last week; The calls from Callcentric were forwarded to the SIP URI of the gateway and the gateway was connected to GV.

I think that this would be the best approach for me now as well (forwarding Callcentric calls to my IP address). I am somewhat familiar with Dynamic DNS, but I have never used it. I am using a VPN (PIA) that sometimes changes it's IP address. Could I still use Dynamic DNS in this case? (I think that there is a work-around for that: See here: https://www.davidclements.me/2017/02/09/remotely-access-vpn-enabled-computer-remotely-dynamic-dns/)

How would I set this up with the Obi202?

p.s. I hope that I would not negate the VPN protection by setting this up with a Dynamic DNS..?

azrobert

My VPN knowledge is limited, so I won't be much help.

This is how to route Callcentric to an OBi via IP.

In Callcentric setup a Call Treatment.
Select "This Number"
Set the value to 0@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with your public IP address
pppp is the port number of the OBi202's SPx where you want the call routed.
The port number is the SPx Service X_UserAgentPort

In your router port forward the X_UserAgentPort to the OBi202
You also need to port forward the RTP ports
The RTP port range is found here:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x RTP -> LocalPortMin thru LocalPortMax

I use FreeDNS for DDNS, but there are other free services.
http://freedns.afraid.org/menu/

Replace your IP address in the Call Treatment with your DDNS name plus port#.
Some routers have the ability to update the DDNS address.
There is an OBi hack you can use:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4797.msg36667#msg36667

You can route outbound calls from the Linksys ATA to the OBi202. You point the Linksys proxy to the IP address of the OBi202 and the port# of one of the SP trunks then add routing rules to the X_InboundCallRoute of that SP. The ATA must be able to call without registration. You can point both lines on the Linksys to the same SP and have outbound routed to different GV accounts by line#.

Edit:
People have added changes to block SIP Scanners. These changes might also block calls from Callcentric.

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 21, 2018, 12:50:31 PM
My VPN knowledge is limited, so I won't be much help.

This is how to route Callcentric to an OBi via IP.

In Callcentric setup a Call Treatment.
Select "This Number"
Set the value to 0@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with your public IP address
pppp is the port number of the OBi202's SPx where you want the call routed.
The port number is the SPx Service X_UserAgentPort

In your router port forward the X_UserAgentPort to the OBi202
You also need to port forward the RTP ports
The RTP port range is found here:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x RTP -> LocalPortMin thru LocalPortMax

I use FreeDNS for DDNS, but there are other free services.
http://freedns.afraid.org/menu/

Replace your IP address in the Call Treatment with your DDNS name plus port#.
Some routers have the ability to update the DDNS address.
There is an OBi hack you can use:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4797.msg36667#msg36667
I assume that I would need to use the local web access for this?
In any case, many of these steps are a bit beyond my current knowledge. Is there some tutorial that explains the steps in more detail?

Edit:
People have added changes to block SIP Scanners. These changes might also block calls from Callcentric.
Do you have a link for this?

You can route outbound calls from the Linksys ATA to the OBi202. You point the Linksys proxy to the IP address of the OBi202 and the port# of one of the SP trunks then add routing rules to the X_InboundCallRoute of that SP. The ATA must be able to call without registration. You can point both lines on the Linksys to the same SP and have outbound routed to different GV accounts by line#.
If I understand you correctly, I connect my phone to the SPA2102 (or SPA3102) to receive the calls from Callcentric and then send the outgoing calls to the Obi202?
EDIT:
Is Gateway calling the same as saying that the ATA can call without registration? Maybe I am misunderstanding what gateway calling means? I understood it to mean that I would press ##2 (for example) to call out on a number (including GV) without having to use an SP and register. Is that correct?

Routing the calls from the Linksys to the Obi202 may actually help as it would free up two SPs on the Obi202. However, I am not sure if this is supported by the SPA2102 or SPA3102?

Is there a good forum for Linksys ATA support?

p.s. I really need some way of learning all this stuff. Any references?

azrobert

I think we should try the SPA2103 solution first. If you define CC#2 on the SPA2103 then you can delete that line from the OBi202, making room for another GV.

The problem with this solution is you need a 3rd phone. I think the SPA2103 has 2 phone ports and can have 2 provider definitions. The solution is to move all the OBi202 phone2 functions to the SPA2103. I suggest defining the OBi202 as provider1 for outbound calls and provider2 as CC#2 for inbound. The OBi202 can forward inbound GV calls to the SPA2103.

We can setup a test to see if this will work. This setup will not affect your current setup.
Define the OBi202 on the SPA2103 as provider1:
Proxy: xx.xx.xx.xx (the ip address of the OBi202)
Proxy Port: 5083  (X_UserAgentPort of SP4)
Password: anything
Enable inbound and outbound without registration.
I don't know what else is needed on the SPA2103

Use OBi Expert to make sure SP4's port is 5083
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_UserAgentPort

Do you know how to use OBi Expert? See below.

Attach a phone to port1 and dial any number.
The OBi202 should ring.
If it rings, you will be able to make outbound calls on the SPA2103 with some config changes on the OBi202.

I'm going to stop here before spending too much time and see what you think and if the above works.

To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBi202 then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.
To navigate click on the titles with the + then click on a sub-title.
An example: click on Service Providers then click ITSP Profile A General.
To make a change BOTH boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked.
When all changes are complete on this page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to make another change on a different page.

Also uncheck both boxes to just view a value.

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 22, 2018, 09:45:08 AM
I think we should try the SPA2103 solution first. If you define CC#2 on the SPA2103 then you can delete that line from the OBi202, making room for another GV.

The problem with this solution is you need a 3rd phone. I think the SPA2103 has 2 phone ports and can have 2 provider definitions. The solution is to move all the OBi202 phone2 functions to the SPA2103. I suggest defining the OBi202 as provider1 for outbound calls and provider2 as CC#2 for inbound. The OBi202 can forward inbound GV calls to the SPA2103.
Thanks azrobert,

I will try what you described above shortly. Some comments first though:
1. I don't have a SPA2103 but a SPA2102 (I assume it is a typo?)

2. I can only use two phone lines. I am not sure why I would need three?
I expect it to work like this:

Phone Line 1 on SPA2102:
Incoming call from CallCentric#1
Outgoing Calls forwarded to OBi202 and sent to GV#1

Phone Line 2 on Obi202:
Incoming Calls from CallCentric#2 (using SP1)
Outgoing Calls to GV#2 (using SP2)
Outgoing Calls to GV#3 (using SP3 and accessed by speed-dial; e.g. by pressing #3)

I assume that I can use speed dial to dial out on GV#3 if I "set it up" by using SP3?
By the way; is the correct term "provisioning" when I "set it up" with SP3?  

azrobert

1. Yes, it was a typo.

2. I was referring to only moving CC to the SPA2102 then you need a 3rd phone on the OBi202 phone1 for GV outbound. Moving GV outbound to the SP2102 fixes this.

QuotePhone Line 2 on Obi202:
Incoming Calls from CallCentric#2 (using SPA1)
Outgoing Calls to GV#2 (using SPA2)
Outgoing Calls to GV#3 (using SPA3 and accessed by speed-dial; e.g. by pressing #3)

I assume that I can use speed dial to dial out on GV#3 if I "set it up" by using SPA3?

What are SPA1-3? Do you mean SP1-3? What would the speed dial do? Do you mean a dial prefix? You can use a dial prefix to access SP3. You can modify the config to use any dial prefix you want.

QuoteBy the way; is the correct term "provisioning" when I "set it up" with SPA3?
https://getvoip.com/library/what-is-provisioning/

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 22, 2018, 04:24:02 PM
What are SPA1-3? Do you mean SP1-3? What would the speed dial do? Do you mean a dial prefix? You can use a dial prefix to access SP3. You can modify the config to use any dial prefix you want.
Yes, I meant SP1-3. My turn for typos  :-[ (I was getting used to writing SPA2102..)
OK, so to dial out on Obi202 GV#3, I would just dial a prefix of #3 (for example) before dialing the number. In a similar way that I could dial ##2 to dial out on a gateway call.

QuoteBy the way; is the correct term "provisioning" when I "set it up" with SPA3?
https://getvoip.com/library/what-is-provisioning/
Thanks, so I am provisioning GV#3 when "setting it up" with SP3  :)

I will try your instructions to forward the outbound call from SPA2102 to Obi202 shortly.

ppan

I tried your test instructions, but there were several issues:
Obi202
1. Currently SP4 is not used. Does it matter if it is or not?
2. Which phone line will ring on Obi202 if the test works? Both?
3. The X_UserAgentPort for SP4 is 5063 (not 5083)

SPA2102
Here is how I have it setup for CallCentric (only used for incoming calls):

I tried to set it up for Obi202:

1. I don't have a field for the port so I tried IP[of Obi202]:Port
2. I tried to make a call but the Obi202 didn't ring (I got a dial tone and then a busy signal after dialing) :(
3. If I add Callcentric inbound, I guess that I would add callcentric.com in the proxy field? Is that correct? There is no clear separation between outgoing and incoming call providers(?).
4. There also does not appear to be an option to register incoming but not outgoing calls.  

EDIT: I also tried the X_UserAgentPort for SP2, which is 5081. I use SP2 for incoming Callcentric calls. The results were the same as for port 5063.

azrobert

SP4 must be defined. Use this dummy definition:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi202
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D

I would set the Proxy to the same value as Outbound Proxy.
Set UserID to any value like ppan.
Set ANS Call Without Reg to Yes.
You don't need this now, but will when you route GV inbound to the SPA2102.

If the OBi202 phone rings then make this change for routing outbound to SP1.
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{ppan>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

ppan is the SPA2102's UserID

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 22, 2018, 10:37:31 PM
SP4 must be defined. Use this dummy definition:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi202
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D

I would set the Proxy to the same value as Outbound Proxy.
Set UserID to any value like ppan.
Set ANS Call Without Reg to Yes.
You don't need this now, but will when you route GV inbound to the SPA2102.

If the OBi202 phone rings then make this change for routing outbound to SP1.
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:

ppan is the SPA2102's UserID

Everything worked this time. The phone rang and I then changed the routing to SP1. I made a call and it worked fine :).

1. However, I don't understand how SP4 can be free now? Didn't we use it in the settings above? I am surprised that it shows as "Not configured" in the regular dashboard.

2. Also, as I showed in the setup above, I do currently not need to route GV inbound to the SPA2102. However, I do need to setup SPA2102 to receive incoming calls from Callcentric#1. I am not sure how to do that. I had asked in my previous post if I would put callcentric.com in the Proxy field?

azrobert

You can dual purpose an SP trunk. You should be able to add the inbound route rule to any of the SP's. GV is a non-standard SIP, so to be safe add the rule to the CC trunk. Just change the ATA to point to the different port.

I knew nothing about Linksys ATA's. I read the specs on the 2102 and saw it supports 2 lines. I thought you could define GV on line1 and CC on line2, but now I don't think you can route line2 to phone1. These ATA's have a Gateway feature, but the 2102 doesn't. However, the 3102 does have this feature. I suggest switching to the 3102, defining CC on line1 and OBi202/GV as GW1. I think you can define a dialplan to route all outbound to GW1 without a dial prefix.

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 23, 2018, 07:26:17 AM
You can dual purpose an SP trunk. You should be able to add the inbound route rule to any of the SP's. GV is a non-standard SIP, so to be safe add the rule to the CC trunk. Just change the ATA to point to the different port.
I am sorry, but I am a bit confused.
Here is my current OBi202 setup:
SP1: Outgoing Calls using GV#2 (Phone 2)
SP2: Incoming Calls from CallCentric#1
SP3: Outgoing Calls using GV#1 (Phone 1)
SP4: Setup per your instructions above (and shows as "not configured")

SPA2102 now points to the SP4 port and calls out using GV#2 (on SP1).
Did you suggest that I change the port on SPA2102 to point to the OBi202 SP2 port instead? If I do this, the OBi202 doesn't ring.

(If the OB202 rang, I think that I would have added the rule:
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
)

Quote from: azrobert on July 23, 2018, 07:26:17 AM
I knew nothing about Linksys ATA's. I read the specs on the 2102 and saw it supports 2 lines. I thought you could define GV on line1 and CC on line2, but now I don't think you can route line2 to phone1. These ATA's have a Gateway feature, but the 2102 doesn't. However, the 3102 does have this feature. I suggest switching to the 3102, defining CC on line1 and OBi202/GV as GW1. I think you can define a dialplan to route all outbound to GW1 without a dial prefix.
OK. I will work on this later after I get the outbound to work properly.

azrobert

Make sure your phone is pointing at the SP2 X_UserAgentPort.

I just used a softphone to call my OBi200 SP1 where GV is defined and the OBi phone port rang. I had a problem with one-way audio. If you have one-way audio make this change:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B SIP -> X_DiscoverPublicAddress: Unchecked

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 23, 2018, 02:05:33 PM
Make sure your phone is pointing at the SP2 X_UserAgentPort.

I just used a softphone to call my OBi200 SP1 where GV is defined and the OBi phone port rang. I had a problem with one-way audio. If you have one-way audio make this change:

Here are my results:

SP2 (port 5081): Incoming Calls from CallCentric#1 => No ringing (Busy tone right away)
SP3 (port 5082): Outgoing Calls using GV#1 (Phone 1) => No ringing (Long Silence and then Busy tone)
SP4 (port 5063): Setup per your instructions above => Used to ring (before I entered call route to SP1)*

Something else strange; I removed the X_InboundCallRoute on SP4, checked OBiTalk Settings (now shows the route as ph,ph2) and Saved. However, when I ring on port 5063 it still routes the call to SP1. Why is it still routing the call to SP1 after I removed it?

azrobert

To reset a setting to default check the Device Default box and Submit. I never understood the function of the OBiTalk Settings box.

I don't understand why the calls are not getting thru on SP2 and SP3. It works for me with a softphone on an Android and a PC. I own an OBi1032 IP phone and I know it will work. I can't reproduce your phone's behavior.

Routing calls to an OBi device by IP address can produce audio problems when the target SP is registered to a provider. You can try the audio fix and see if it fixes your problem.

or
You can temporarily unregister SP2 to see if it fixes the problem.
Voice Service -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked

If we can't get this to work, the only other solution is routing inbound calls from CC via IP to the OBi202. I can't help if the VPN causes any problems.

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 23, 2018, 04:25:41 PM
I don't understand why the calls are not getting thru on SP2 and SP3. It works for me with a softphone on an Android and a PC. I own an OBi1032 IP phone and I know it will work. I can't reproduce your phone's behavior.

Routing calls to an OBi device by IP address can produce audio problems when the target SP is registered to a provider. You can try the audio fix and see if it fixes your problem.

or
You can temporarily unregister SP2 to see if it fixes the problem.

There is apparently some differences between the SP4 vs SP2 configuration since only SP4 works (SP4 was configured per your instructions above). One of the differences was indeed,

I tried this, and also
However, it didn't help. The Phone is still not ringing when sending to Port 5081 (SP2).

What else can I change on SP2 to make it more like your SP4 configuration?

BTW, I also tried to setup SP4 for incoming calls from Callcentric#2. Note that It didn't first reset SP4 to defaults but still had your configuration (how would I reset SP4? Do I delete it and add again?):
1. The port number changed from 5063 to 5083.
2. Now when trying to ring the phone from the ATA (using port 5083) it didn't work on SP4 anymore!
3. I changed the port number back to 5063 on OBi202 and ATA, but it still doesn't ring.
4. The OBi202 didn't register with Callcentric per Callcentric Website. However OBi202 thinks that SP4 is registered!?? Incoming calls are not working, so apparently OBi202 gives the wrong info.  (I assume that it doesn't register because of the manual changes we originally made to SP4).

EDIT: I confirmed that all your SP4 configurations remained after I added Callcentric#2 to SP4  (BTW, I forgot to mention that I added Callcentric#2 using the standard dashboard).
Thus, there is something that is added to the configuration when Callcentric#2 was added that, in turn, prevents the ringing.