News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Gateway Calling for Google Voice?

Started by ppan, July 20, 2018, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Quotehow would I reset SP4? Do I delete it and add again?
Yes, but if you defined the SP manually in OBi Expert it will show as Not Configured and you won't be able to delete it. I never had to do this. The only time I deleted an SP was when removing GV from an OBi110.

QuoteI confirmed that all your SP4 configurations remained after I added Callcentric#2 to SP4
This is crazy! The only way I know to prevent updates from OBiTalk is to disable OBiTalk Provisioning. You have to signin via the local interfaces to see this setting. It's under System Management/Auto Provisioning. You can also verify the settings via the local interface. Even if it's disabled, why would OBiTalk show CC as registered.
Note: You can make changes via local interface unless OBiTalk auto Provisioning is disabled.

I use non-standard port numbers (outside the 50xx range) and I never had problems routing calls to an OBi via IP address.

I hate to suggest the following, but if you can't resolve this you might have to start over (delete the OBi202 from OBiTalk, re-add and configure everything from scratch.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on July 24, 2018, 07:31:57 AM
Note: You can make changes via local interface unless OBiTalk auto Provisioning is disabled.
That "can" should be "cannot".

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 24, 2018, 07:31:57 AM
This is crazy! The only way I know to prevent updates from OBiTalk is to disable OBiTalk Provisioning. You have to signin via the local interfaces to see this setting. It's under System Management/Auto Provisioning. You can also verify the settings via the local interface. Even if it's disabled, why would OBiTalk show CC as registered.

I can login to the device in two ways: Using the device IP address or via OBitalk.com. When you refer to the "local interfaces" do you mean the IP address login? I am not sure if I understand you, but it appears that you also refer to the OBitalk.com interface as "local interface"?

Anyway, when I login using the IP address, I see several options:

Which one would prevent the OBiTalk provisioning [when adding a new provider]?

When I log in using the OBitalk.com interface, I don't see the "OBiTalk Provisioning" section at all (only Auto Firmware Update, LUA Script Update & ITSP Provisioning).

drgeoff

"local interface" always means the unit's on-board web server accessed via the IP address on the LAN.

"portal", "Expert Mode" and "obitalk.com" never mean the above.

If you really want to use the first means above, the "Method" needs to be set to "Disabled". It is logical that parameter is not available via the second means.  Think about it.

ppan

Apparently, when Method=Periodically, Normal Mode Provisioning (e.g adding a SIP provider) doesn't overwrite previous [manual] Expert Mode settings. I wonder if this is bug?

ppan

Quote from: azrobert on July 23, 2018, 02:05:33 PM
I just used a softphone to call my OBi200 SP1 where GV is defined and the OBi phone port rang.

I now also tried a softphone, to ring SP2 (Callcentric#1). It also didn't work (didn't ring):

drgeoff

Quote from: ppan on July 24, 2018, 02:06:13 PM
Apparently, when Method=Periodically, Normal Mode Provisioning (e.g adding a SIP provider) doesn't overwrite previous [manual] Expert Mode settings. I wonder if this is bug?
Perhaps in a time not exceeding 86400 seconds you will reach a different conclusion.