News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi Device Power button flashing green

Started by ikenga1, September 14, 2011, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikenga1

This is making it the second OBi device I have ordered that turned out ot be defective. The first one was flashing red and could never connect. I returned it to amazon and ordered a new device which arrived today and again it is unable to connect to the network.This time power button is flashing green and repeated factory reset did not help. Am I just unlucky or what?

I have been usisng Ooma hub for over three years now without problem and just thought I could give OBihai a try. Do they actually test these devices before shipping them out to consumers?.

earthtoobi

i got 3 devices many months back at different times and all work fine . i guess your production batch was plain unlucky

ikenga1

I finally got the device to connect by unplugging the power cord a few times and switching the connection to the 2WIRE Wireless Gateway. It found and updated to the latest firmware too. I got my google voice account provisioned and working with OBi device in no time. But every now and then the OBi would reboot without warning. This has happened more than 4 times so far this evening. Is this normal or is this OBi Device definitely defective?

RonR

The OBi reboots upon loss/establishment of its Ethernet connection.