News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can plolycom confirm/list which model working with new google hangout/voice

Started by trt1972rtr, July 22, 2018, 01:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trt1972rtr

can plolycom confirm/list which model working with new google hangout/voice
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
As below message said, the XMPP is phasing out, just wonder can you/obitalk/plolycom confirm/list which model working with new google hangout/voice

is obi100 included in the list ------firmware update to all current OBiTALK products?

will the obi200 work future/after July 13th 2018?

or
can you give a list of model which is out of support and no more working

and another list of model which is supported and going to /continue to work with new GV?

so that we can order the right model

thanks
:-* :'( ;D

SteveInWA

Current OBiTALK devices work with Google Voice, using SIP.  This includes the 200-series ATAs, and the 1000 and 2000 series IP phones, and the 504/508 ATAs.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.msg88837#msg88837

trt1972rtr

thanks Steve   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

so obi 200 is continue to work with new Google voice/hangout and will work for future, as you posted the deal in ( OBi 200 on sale for $39.95 at Newegg.com through 7/22),

Am I correct?     ??? ??? ???

But why some people with obi200 also having the issues recently?    ??? ??? ???

thnaks

SteveInWA

Yes, the OBi 200 and 202 models fully support up to four Google Voice configurations on one device.  There have been some bugs that surfaced during this major conversion, but they have either already been fixed, or are typically fixed after being identified.

trt1972rtr

:) :) :) :)

Excellent, then I will be more confident to order a new obi200 now

thanks

LingYang

Can someone (hero) from this forum post the link to most current firmware for OBi5xxx, I believe it is 4.05 (Build 5903EX)  TIA.

SteveInWA

Quote from: LingYang on August 06, 2018, 12:13:02 PM
Can someone (hero) from this forum post the link to most current firmware for OBi5xxx, I believe it is 4.05 (Build 5903EX)  TIA.

I suggest that you fill out the form below, being clear that this is for an OBi 504/508vs, and they'll probably help you get the current firmware.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/supportTicketForm

volkswagner

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 06, 2018, 03:24:22 PM
Quote from: LingYang on August 06, 2018, 12:13:02 PM
Can someone (hero) from this forum post the link to most current firmware for OBi5xxx, I believe it is 4.05 (Build 5903EX)  TIA.

I suggest that you fill out the form below, being clear that this is for an OBi 504/508vs, and they'll probably help you get the current firmware.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/supportTicketForm

I have submitted several tickets. They go into a blackhole.

The 50x devices don't work with google voice. The latest advertised firmware (4.0.4 Build: 5793 from Jan 2018) will register with google
but generate 500 error. I noticed that the 200 devices show up as an additional forwarding phone (Obitalk)
in google voice settings, but not so for 50x device.

It seems the horrid support is now even worse (now that Polycom took over). I have a six month old device that should be under warranty and eligible for support. Phone calls to support go to voicemail that won't be returned and support tickets go into a black hole.

Kind of a bummer. They are the only game in town for GV, and they won't let us play with the ball.

LingYang

Polyhai needs to add logic to ObiTalk provisional codes to let the 5xx devices & 1xxx phones to be able to do the same as the 2xx devices, i.e. create ObiFwd entry on GV side and make all work. only 1xx devices are EoL, even though the hardware all all capable to work like the 2xx devices.