News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One GV number ringing multiple OBis...is OBi200 setup same as OBi100 was?

Started by rufusputnam, July 23, 2018, 06:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufusputnam

Hi - (Couldn't find answer by searching, if already answered I'd happily accept a link ... :) )

I've been using 4 OBi100s at four different locations for a number of years now...but am now changing over to OBi200s.

I just want to verify that the way to make all of the OBi200s ring simultaneously when my GV number is called is that same setup that I used for the OBi100s...in 2015, I received excellent assistance from this thread for my OBi100s:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9340.0

To summarize, the trick was to go to: Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
and add the other OBi devices like this:

The default is: ph
Change it to: ph,pp(290xxxxxx)

Is this still the way to do it with the 200s, or is there a different way, or is it handled automatically with the new easier setup of the 200s?

Thanks for any assistance with this...

SteveInWA

No.

You do not need to make ANY such changes at all.

Using Google Voice, all current OBiTALK devices support connecting as many OBiALK devices as you wish to one Google account.  It simply works.

rufusputnam

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 23, 2018, 07:16:31 PM
No.

... It simply works.

Great! Thanks for that. I wasn't looking forward to modifying call routes like I had to with the 100s. You experts on this forum have always been very helpful to me...

SteveInWA

My pleasure.  To add a clarification:  you are right, that the 100 series could only have one device connected to a Google account.  That restriction was eliminated with the 200 series and later products.