News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Google Voice keeps selecting Obi sip device

Started by mo832, July 23, 2018, 07:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

I currently have GV enabled on sp1 and sp2 (2 GV numbers), but I have Callcentric checked for my forwarding number so that I can get CNAM and other CC features. When I first set up the Obi, my GV settings page shows both boxes checked for forwarding phones, the CC number and the the "obitalk device" were checked.

I un-checked the "obitalk device" box and tested again, all was as expected. Next day, I am not getting proper CNAM, so I went back to the GV settings page, and *both* GV numbers have the Obitalk device/sip button checked again.

Is there a way to force GV to stop checking that box?

OR- If I Delete that complete entry, will I still be able to dial out, and how would I bring back the deleted entry in the future?

SteveInWA

This is actually a bug in the Google Voice back-end software that handles OBiTALK devices.  I reported it last month, and they have a ticket open on it.  It's not an easy fix.  Since it's only impacting a few users, it's probably not their top priority.

Do not delete the SIP entry!  It actually doesn't matter that Google Voice is sending (forwarding) its inbound calls redundantly to your GV-SIP SP1 destination and your Callcentric SP2 destination.  What matters is that you getting two phone calls and you can't answer the one you want.  To fix this, get into OBiTALK Expert Mode.  Go to Voice Services-->SP1 (your Google Voice config) and delete the value in the X_InboundCallRoute so it won't send the call to the phone port.  Submit the change.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 23, 2018, 10:19:04 PMGo to Voice Services-->SP1 (your Google Voice config) and delete the value in the X_InboundCallRoute so it won't send the call to the phone port.  Submit the change.

ISTR that a blank in that field has the same result as ph being there. If so, put {} .

mo832

Just so I don't *#&@( anything up, is it safe to assume that if want to re-enable the port, I can simply go back in and type "ph" back in that box, and this will be like it never happened?

Also, Steve, could you possibly be notified when the GV bug is fixed, and post an announcement in the pinned section like you did with the XMPP shutoff? That would be enormously helpful and appreciated  ;D

drgeoff

Quote from: mo832 on July 24, 2018, 09:54:38 AM
Just so I don't *#&@( anything up, is it safe to assume that if want to re-enable the port, I can simply go back in and type "ph" back in that box, and this will be like it never happened?
Yes.

bill-cary

curious - where are you making these changes?
if you do it on the obi and do not disable provisioning on the dashboard, or do  not make the same changes on the dashboard, then it will revert.

SteveInWA

bill-cary, this is a bug.  There is nothing you can do about it.  Google knows about it, and there is an open bug report waiting for someone to work on it.