News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question About Call Forwarding Set-Up

Started by Tack, September 01, 2011, 06:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tack

In my Obi110 I see settings in the LINE set-up configuration for forwarding calls under dofferent conditions.  I would like some clarification.

If I have a Verizon line attached to the line port, I assume I can set the LINE forwarding to forward to VOIP.MS (SP2, Default) after "x" rings.  Yes?  And, as VOIP.MS does its own caller-ID lookup, will it see the original incoming caller number from Verizon or is that masked by the outgoing call forwarding operation using SP2?

Thanks.

jimates

As with most forwarded calls, the outgoing call will carry the caller id for the service used to forward it. The Obi places a new call using your sp provider and bridges the original call.

hwittenb

If you are forwarding to your voip.ms DID and the caller id is important to you it may be possible to see that caller id if you forward the call to voip.ms as a sip uri call instead of forwarding just to the number.  To try this you would need to check X_SpoofCallerID in the ITSP Profile and, of course, format the call as a sip uri call.  Be aware, however, that making this X_SpoofCallerID setting could cause problems with other call forwarding or bridging that you may be doing thru the auto attendent.  Voip.ms has a wiki discribing how to format your call to send to them via sip uri.