News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ISP Blocking port 10000

Started by Homer, July 23, 2018, 09:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

I no longer can't dial my parent's OBI202 via OBI number. Obitalk always says that their OBI202 is offline. I think this is because parent's ISP started blocking UDP port 10000 for root.pnn.obihai.com. Is there a way around it?

Thank you!

drgeoff

Quote from: Homer on July 23, 2018, 09:45:41 PM
I no longer can't dial my parent's OBI202 via OBI number. Obitalk always says that their OBI202 is offline. I think this is because parent's ISP started blocking UDP port 10000 for root.pnn.obihai.com. Is there a way around it?

Thank you!
As this is an OBi202, my first guess would be that the ethernet cable is somehow now in the wrong ethernet socket. Won't work if plugged in to the socket marked LAN on the 202.

Homer

I don't think it's a cable issue, as GV continued working up until July.
My router shows that 54.241.160.4:10000 is unreachable.

drgeoff

Quote from: Homer on July 24, 2018, 08:10:35 AM
My router shows that 54.241.160.4:10000 is unreachable.

I rather doubt that your router is capable of showing that.

Anyway, even if you have some means of truthfuly determining that the address:port is unreachable, there are several possibilities why.

Homer

This OBI200 device.
I can't attach an image to my post as posting of the files is broken on this forum (failed to open stream: No such file or directory error).
Router' system log reads:
Destination Address - 54.241.160.4:10000 UNREPLIED

Homer

I don't think it's related. This is not a new issue, it's started about a 8 months ago, but up until now at least GV was working. Now without the latest firmware even GV is down. I removed and successfully re-added this device from obitalk portal, but it's still shows device status as offline (status icon is not green in portal).

SteveInWA

I don't see how this is going to work if their ISP is truly blocking port 10000 traffic, since that is the port used by OBiTALK.

Homer

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 24, 2018, 05:30:04 PM
I don't see how this is going to work if their ISP is truly blocking port 10000 traffic, since that is the port used by OBiTALK.

I'm assuming that port 10000 is being blocked by ISP based on the router logs. I can't find any other reason why it would stop connecting to obitalk sever. My other hope is to get GV working, but that requires 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) firmware which is not available for download....

SteveInWA

If it were me, I'd give up trying to fix this remotely.  Have your parents snail-mail the OBi device to you, and then restore the device to factory defaults, an set it up from scratch at your location.  If it works there, and you mail it back to them, and it fails, then you will prove that the problem is with their ISP.