News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI-100 call failure to OBI110

Started by Demos, July 24, 2018, 09:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demos

I am not able to reach an OBI-110 from two OBI-100 ATA's over the Obitalk network. I reach a recording that reads out the Obihai device (Telephone) number, and ends with a 404 statement.

The OBI-110 can dial out & reach both OBI-100's OK, and can also call complete to the call echo test line **9 222 222 222 OK.

drgeoff

No need for multiple posts. We heard you the first time.

Too soon to say for sure but maybe not just you.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14555.0

Demos

I have had difficulty getting a post on this forum, so forgive any multiple and redundant posts. Until now I have been loosing my posts and attempts to send an internal e-mail.

A more detailed explanation of the trouble is below (The trouble described at the supplied link differs in terms of the trouble condition encountered at a OBI-100 ATA) 

I am not able to reach an OBI-110 from two OBI-100 ATA's over the Obitalk network. From the OBI-100's, I reach a recording that states that the call will not go through, reads back the Obi-110 Obitalk device number called (**9 123 456 789) and ends the announcement with a 404 statement.

The failed call announcement appears to be not network based, but appears to be generated locally as a result of a call reject response from the Obitalk server.

The OBI-110 can dial out & reach each OBI-100 OK, and all ATA's can call complete calls to the  echo test line **9 222 222 222 OK. Both OBI-100's can call each other over the Obitalk network OK.

All three ATA's are configured on SP-1 with a VoIP provider, and authenticate & call complete via the VoIP service providers network OK.

OBI-110 primary line is configured for SP1. A factory reset (Hard or soft Reset) ob the OBI-110 does not clear the trouble. Auto provisioning has been disabled on all OBI ATA's.

Thank you in advance

drgeoff

Quote from: Demos on July 24, 2018, 10:12:23 AM
The trouble described at the supplied link differs in terms of the trouble condition encountered at a OBI-100 ATA

The crux appears the same to me. Cannot reach an OBi110 over the Obitalk network.

My hunch is a partial failure of the database on an OBihai server that maps the 9 digit OBi number to its current IP address. OBi110s have a different set of digits at the start of their numbers. Maybe that part of the database is corrupt. Just a guess.

Update. It is not all 110s. I can call both of mine over the Obitalk network.

drgeoff

Wonder if http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14554.0 is another manifestation.

Do the unreachable OBi's show as "Offline" on the Obitalk Dashboard?

Demos

The OBI-110 is not up on the Obitalk web desktop/dashboard. The 110 unit in particular is an e-bay re-tread. I have a second OBI-110 that does not exhibit the same condition. OBI-110 #2 has a problem out dialing over a SIP connection, but I know how to resolve that trouble.

Interesting is that the two 100 units work flawlessly. I am contemplating acquisition of a third OBI-100 to take the place of the 110 unit. Purpose, stand up a private dial network between a couple of low tech savvy individuals. Add the nine digit ATA ID hard coded device number in speed dialing banks to keep calling it simple.  As it is, one guy get confused when he has o choose between dialing 3#, or 103# to reach the same end point.

With EOL equipment, Polycom can potentially shut down its operational support to all OBI-100 series ATA's based on software incompatibility upgrades to its Obitalk VoIP network. As a generic SIP ATA, the OBI-100 series will soldier on until component unit failure take their toll.

Hopefully a logical explanation can be uncovered.

Regards

drgeoff

Regarding second-hand OBis, all bets are off.

Demos

I agree, second hand anything is a gamble, and in  this case the OBI-110 can't call via home.

One OBI-100, out of two is an eBay re-tread, and works as designed. If it wasn't for the Obitalk network, I would have bought a Linksys clone and just use Callcentric as the dial network.

azrobert

Quote from: Demos on July 24, 2018, 12:39:43 PM
The OBI-110 is not up on the Obitalk web desktop/dashboard.
QuoteThe OBI-110 can dial out & reach both OBI-100's OK

I tested this function a long time ago and found my OBi110 had to be added to OBiTalk before it worked. You can call the OBi100's with the OBi110, so maybe something has changed since my testing. It can't hurt to add the OBi110 to OBiTalk.

Demos

I the Obitalk dashboard does not allow linking the 110. I ran across the same condition a few months back when i attempted to associate a 100 unit to Obitalk.

azrobert

Quote from: Demos on July 25, 2018, 10:59:53 AM
I the Obitalk dashboard does not allow linking the 110. I ran across the same condition a few months back when i attempted to associate a 100 unit to Obitalk.

You are correct, but this has nothing to do with linking OBi devices. This is calling another OBi using its OBi number. You can even setup a speed dial to call from your OBi1xx's.

Try adding the OBi110 to OBiTalk.