News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"The number you dialed ........ has not received a response from the service pro

Started by garyk52, July 24, 2018, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyk52

This all started a couple of weeks ago.  First I call someone they can hear me, but I can't hear them.  Emailed tech support and they had me delete this and that and start all over.  Now can hear both sides of conversation, but now get "The number you dialed ........ has not received a response from the service provider" consistently.  Emailed tech support and they had me do this and that and still have the problem. Here is what I've done so far and still have the problem.  Anyone have a clue what's going on.

SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

Update to problem.

1 deleted sp1 google voice (only one) from dashboard
2 deleted obi200 from dashboard
3 deleted obi talk device from google voice (no google chat)
4 did a factory reset on obi200
6 new google email and google voice number
7 added obi200 back to dashboard
7 added obi200 ip to dmz
8 added new google voice address number to sp1
9 checked for obi talk device in google voice, check!
10 still have the same problem bad hardware or bad software?  Worked fine up until a couple weeks ago.

"The number you dialed ........ has not received a response from the service provider"

The only WAY it will work is  ***9 press 1, reboot then I can make a call.  Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.

I can use an old android phone with Hangouts and it works perfectly.

This obi200 is still under warrranty and I would like something done.

Gary

JCAT3

Did you ever find a solution to this?  My OBI 200 was working fine as of last week.  Then this week it wasn't working, so I rebooted the OBI, like usual, and now I have the same error you're reporting.  I've logged in to both my Google Voice and OBI accounts and everything looks fine.  It even shows a green status in OBI, but the odd thing is that it also shows a status of "connecting",  but it seems stuck there.  If you've figured this out or OBI support gave you the answer, would you please post it?  Thanks.

AllenRM

I am having the same problem with my OBI 200.  In my case it isn't happening all the time but it does happen often enough to be annoying.  I believe it also began here in either June or July.  If anyone has a solution to this issue, please post on the forum.  By the way, how do you reach tech support now that Polycom has taken over?

AllenRM

garyk52

The only way I could get mine to work was ***9 then press 1 and reboot the obi then I could dial out and it would work for awhile.  I don't know about receiving calls as we only use it for long distance.  As far as this company is concerned, you can go whiz up a rope as far as tech support.  They are useless and I will never ever recommend someone to buy any of their products.

madhatter

same problem here, started about 3 - 4 weeks ago.  I opened a ticket today.  Has anyone found a fix for this?  I also have had a couple calls just drop for no reason after about 40-50 minutes. 

twinrider1

Add me to the list.  What is so frustrating is the intermittent nature of it.  It seems to come and go without my making any changes.  I happen to try to make a call and discover it's down, and spend the next 15 minutes researching, and it's back up again. 
I did go in and delete my old inactive Obi100 profile this time.   I doubt it was the cause, but it couldn't hurt. 

kamhighway

I am having the same problem. Started about 30 minutes ago. I have not changed my configuration in almost a year.

Clive

I have some boxes get this on a regular basis.
We're connected to voip.ms so I change server and that usually does the trick for a while.
I have also had to remove the obi from the dashboard and add it again.