News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward calls to GV with Caller ID intact.

Started by w84no1, September 02, 2011, 07:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w84no1

Does anyone who if voipmyway forwards caller id?

I want to port my number to voipmyway and forward incoming calls to GV for call management and just use voipmyway for outgoing calls.

Can someone help with the setup of my OBI110?  I would like calls coming in on my voipmyway number forwarded to GV and have GV ring the phone attached to the OBI.  When I make a call from the phone connected to the OBI I want it to go out using my voipmyway account.

Thanks in advance for the help

RonR

Quote from: w84no1 on September 02, 2011, 07:13:10 AM
Does anyone who if voipmyway forwards caller id?

I'm not familiar with VoiPMyWay, but I don't know of any VoIP providers that don't provide CallerID.

Quote from: w84no1 on September 02, 2011, 07:13:10 AM
I want to port my number to voipmyway and forward incoming calls to GV for call management and just use voipmyway for outgoing calls.

Can someone help with the setup of my OBI110?  I would like calls coming in on my voipmyway number forwarded to GV and have GV ring the phone attached to the OBI.  When I make a call from the phone connected to the OBI I want it to go out using my voipmyway account.

No special setup in the OBi should be needed.  You would configure VoIPMyWay to forward all inoming calls to your Google Voice number.  Your OBi would be configured normally with Google Voice on SP1, VoIPMyWay on SP2, and PrimaryLine set to SP2 Service so that outbound calling would default to using VoIPMyWay.  If you wished to make an outbound call using Google Voice instead, you would simply preface the number with **1.

w84no1

Got an email back from Voipmyway support
Quote... No the call is forwarded as your number and not the original number since your number is answering the call and then sending it forward to the other service.

I need the Caller ID forwarded with the call.  Looks like when I forward a call from Voipmyway the incoming caller id sent to GV is my voipmyway number, not the original caller.  That pretty much makes GV useless to screen calls.

jimates

It isn't google's fault for the incoming caller id. Trying to find a work around because of the porting problem will likely be a problem itself.

w84no1

Quote1.3 Firmware
... - Allow Caller-id spoofing for calls bridged via OBiTALK service

Would this help?  Have my provider setup on SP1 and have the Obi spoof the caller id and send it to GV?  If that worked I could use GV to manage all my calls and voicemail.

jimates

As it says, that is only for calls bridged using the Obitalk service, not sp1 or sp2.

Before when calls were forwarded or forked to another Obi endpoint the caller id was that of the delivering Obi. Now it is suppose to pass the caller id through from the original call.

QBZappy

jimates

Quote from: jimates on September 02, 2011, 08:22:54 PM
Before when calls were forwarded or forked to another Obi endpoint the caller id was that of the delivering Obi. Now it is suppose to pass the caller id through from the original call.

CID over the OBi service works. I can confirm this. Passing the CID of the original call over the sip or GV services did not seem to make it in the v 1.3 firmware.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.