News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Circlenet -- An Endorsement

Started by A_Friend, July 26, 2018, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

I've noticed a few mentions of Circlenet lately, triggered by the end-of-GV-life of the Obi100/110, no doubt.

I was intrigued by the low rates, especially for UK-based mobile numbers, and wanted to test it, so I got a free starter account.  Holy mackerel.  Hard to believe that I can now call cellphones that used to cost me $.38/minute for a penny now.  I don't know how they do it, and I don't care.  It's awesome.

Even more awesome is the tech support.  This is unheard of.  Everything else is forgiven.  Who cares if the website isn't very helpful if you can get personalized email support from a VERY accommodating live person?

I just opened another account, this for a relative who moved to England and wanted to be able to stay in touch with folks in the U.S.  Sam set me up with a DID from her previous area in the U.S. for cheap.  And it was live within minutes.  I'm heading off to the post office now to ship the ATA to England, ready to rock.

The ridiculously low calling costs, and incoming rates, combined with tech support?  This is just crazy.

Please, Sam, keep doing whatever you're doing.  This is awesome.

Here's my endorsement:  For anyone who's GV is down, get this, even if you have an Obi2xx.  It's the cheapest backup service you will ever find.  For anyone who makes international calls, get this and set your dial plan to use it for all 011 calls.  Way cheaper than GV's international rates.

I've been using voip.ms and callcentric for international calls.  I think I can just switch all my international calling to Circlenet now.  This is totally not a paid endorsement, unless you include the $2 free credit Sam threw me.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Thanks A_Friend,
This is exactly the kind of comment that makes us all want to keep doing what we're doing :-).
I really encourage people to put a few of their frequently called numbers into our rate simulator below. You'd be amazed at the price, and then the quality of our call routing

https://customer.circlenet.biz/customer/sim.php

Thanks again,
Sam

bitstopjoe

Question, what about taxes and additional fees every month?
I only ask because when I ask for a quote from my cable or internet company, it ALWAYS winds up to be much more because of the taxes and fees.

Joe

A_Friend

Quote from: bitstopjoe on July 27, 2018, 08:50:20 AM
Question, what about taxes and additional fees every month?

If you're just using it as a per-minute trunk service, there's nothing, other than maybe your local sales tax.  I'm not sure what happens with one of their packages, but E911 is optional, not mandatory.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant.  You can't match the rates to anywhere other than the US and only if you have GV working for free.  And, I've never seen lower rates for bare DIDs or pay-as-you-go incoming service (other than, again, GV for free).  I mean, I certainly don't know every carrier, but judging from the few I know and the two others I use, any further possible savings has to be getting in to the "too-little-to-care" department.  Maybe this is different for very high-volume users.  But, for a typical home user, or something like a doctor's office, please.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Taxes and fee vary by state and by county and also by what services you decide to purchase from us.
Also I wanted to mention the bare DIDs are only available now for customers that intend to deploy the devices outside of the US or to use them for inbound with a PBX system with a third party 911 provider.

Our "full service" DID with E911 is $1.50 per month + 0.002 per minute + taxes (Which vary based on your state and county).

Sam

vtsnaab

Very Well Said A_Friend:
Quote from: A_Friend on July 26, 2018, 12:10:39 PM
I've noticed a few mentions of Circlenet lately, triggered by the end-of-GV-life of the Obi100/110, no doubt.

Even more awesome is the tech support.  This is unheard of.  Everything else is forgiven.  Who cares if the website isn't very helpful if you can get personalized email support from a VERY accommodating live person?

The ridiculously low calling costs, and incoming rates, combined with tech support?  This is just crazy.

Please, Sam, keep doing whatever you're doing.  This is awesome.

Here's my endorsement:  For anyone who's GV is down, get this, even if you have an Obi2xx.  It's the cheapest backup service you will ever find.  For anyone who makes international calls, get this and set your dial plan to use it for all 011 calls.  Way cheaper than GV's international rates.
And absolutely accurate.
In the tech world there are too many (supposed) tech helpers who seem to have college degrees in 'how to be snarky & disdainful' rather than actually & openly being helpful.

Sam's support is wonderful - as is the service we get from Circlenet.
As stated above - YES - please do stay with us Sam - your efforts & services are very appreciated !!!