News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone jacks in house are dead. Worked with MagicJack.

Started by david515, September 02, 2011, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david515

I connected the black wire between the OBI110's "line" jack and the landline jack in the wall but none of the other jacks in the house went live. The device itself works. I have a phone plugged into its "phone" jack, and can make and receive calls.

I haven't had a traditional land line for years, but have been using the interior wiring with a Terk Leapfrog (not the wireless version) with great success, and the MagicJack as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

DD

jimates

You need to connect the PHONE port of the Obi to the wall jacks, and then plug your phone into a wall jack. The LINE port is to connect a live landline to the Obi.

RonR

Quote from: david515 on September 02, 2011, 07:31:32 AM
I haven't had a traditional land line for years, but have been using the interior wiring with a Terk Leapfrog (not the wireless version) with great success, and the MagicJack as well.

Make sure no other service is connected to or using your house wiring when you connect the OBi's PHONE Port to it or damage to the OBi could occur.

david515

Thanks for the reply. Right now nothing else is using the wiring, and I'll see to it that it stays that way.