News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to receive Incoming Calls on a purchase of OBI200 on July 24-2018

Started by RogerDat, July 26, 2018, 11:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerDat

Sorry, New to this;
Since I've exhausted my options, I believe it is time to request expert advice:

I've been facing a hard time trying to get my new obi200 to receive incoming calls.  I've followed all the steps provided by @SteveInWA in all different topics, which were explained really well (Reset, ReverseRing, SIP ALG, etc).  At the end of the day, all the outgoing calls work as they are supposed to, but none of the incoming calls come through.  Although, I did notice when you reverse ring yourself using the obi feature which is built in, the ringtone coming into the phones are kind of not the norm.

Also, since there is no access to the Google Chat checkbox feature, all pages have been turned as advised by Mr. SteveInWA.  It seems it has something to do with the obi device itself, where I'm calling the GV number from my cell and it is ringing; while I physically can still grab the phone off the hook and hear a dial tone through the earpiece.  But, to create an outgoing call, take the phone off the hook and dial and you are ringing on your cell phone like a miracle.

Please advise if there are any steps I can take to sort this matter out.  Thank you in advance for the help you are about to provide.

RogerDat!

zapattack

Assuming your Obi shows GV status as Connected:
Login to Google Voice.
Three dots - Legacy GV
Click on your number.
Verify Obitalk device is checked (for incoming calls).

RogerDat

Thanks for your reply zapattack,

The obitalk device is checked since I'm able to enjoy the outgoing calls without any hiccups.  Just the inbound seems to be lost in the routing by obi200 device.  Although, it did try and make an inbound track through a call around 11:53pm yesterday with a rare push after another reset. 

After exhausting all tries, I finally decided to gain expert advice from the community as it still isn't able to route calls inbound.

Thanks for the help though!

ProfTech

This might be an unrelated question, but what firmware version is in your 200? I believe 5898EX is the latest release and is supposed to fix [most] of the issues with Google voice. Some of the posts I've seen suggest that you may have remove your device from the portal and add it back in order to get it to update to the latest release, if it isn't already in there. Good luck. All this nonsense is exactly why I switched away from Google Voice to another "pure sip" provider. I simply want the phone to work.

drgeoff

Quote from: RogerDat on July 27, 2018, 06:15:07 AM
The obitalk device is checked since I'm able to enjoy the outgoing calls without any hiccups
That is an invalid conclusion.

Are incoming calls reaching your OBi? Have a look at the OBi's Call History. To see that you need to log in to your OBi's IP address on your LAN.

RogerDat

Thanks for a reply to both of you ProfTech and drgeoff,

drgeoff: Answer to your reference: I checked in using the LAN connection on the OBI Device and there have been 0 incoming calls from the OBI Device in the Call History, but there are multiple calls from PH1 to SP1(+12223334444) numbers that were made earlier in the day.

ProfTech: Answer to your reference: Firmware version in the OBI200 unit is 5898EX and i've done multiple trials of the device removal from the OBI Web Portal and from Google Voice as per suggestion of SteveInWA.  All of my friends i've spoken with that use OBI device have gotten a quick start to the services, only mine had to swing in a different direction.  My guess is I might have received a corrupted device update or corrupted while it updated, not sure, but something did go wrong.

Sheffield_Steve

You say it's checked because you can use outgoing calls.  But they are not related.

Have you actually seen with your own eyes that it's checked?

The obitalk device is checked since I'm able to enjoy the outgoing calls without any hiccups.  J

drgeoff

Quote from: Sheffield_Steve on July 27, 2018, 12:43:45 PM
You say it's checked because you can use outgoing calls.  But they are not related.

Have you actually seen with your own eyes that it's checked?

The obitalk device is checked since I'm able to enjoy the outgoing calls without any hiccups.  J
That's why I wrote "That is an invalid conclusion."

thebig

I am having the same problem. No calls coming in or being logged by obi. Even tho it does show in Google voice. It is very annoying.

thebig

Here is how I fixed the problem finally. I made a brand new Google account and transferred the number to that account and connected the new account to obi and worked fined now.

RogerDat

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

thebig:  I used your input and the issue to my problem was solved.  I had to create a New Google account and transfer over the number and just reset the OBI device back to factory and re-install.  Everything is working as it should.

Thank you everyone for your advice.

SteveInWA

Note:

If the number starts working properly after you transfer it to a different Google account, you can then transfer it back to the original account, and it will continue to work properly.  The act of transferring it back and forth is clearing out some crap on your original account, and setting it up again from scratch.

retasker

Transferring back and forth did not work for me.  The system does work with the new Google account but definitely does not continue working if I transfer it back to my original Google account

Same problem.  A call to the number results in Google telling the caller that I am not available.  Outgoing calls work fine.

I suppose I can just use the new account for Google Voice and my phone and the original account for everything else.  Not the best solution especially considering that my OBI100 and then the new OBI200 worked flawlessly for years until a few months ago.

SteveInWA

Quote from: retasker on August 23, 2018, 06:11:51 PM
Transferring back and forth did not work for me.  The system does work with the new Google account but definitely does not continue working if I transfer it back to my original Google account

Same problem.  A call to the number results in Google telling the caller that I am not available.  Outgoing calls work fine.

I suppose I can just use the new account for Google Voice and my phone and the original account for everything else.  Not the best solution especially considering that my OBI100 and then the new OBI200 worked flawlessly for years until a few months ago.

Hi there:

The transfer back and forth fixes a specific problem; perhaps you've got a different problem.  If you start a discussion thread over on the Google Voice Help Forum (link below), I'll try to help you over there, where I have access to Google Engineering staff.