News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 setup after many years of use

Started by mhyder1, July 27, 2018, 03:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhyder1

I apologize if this has already been answered but after much searching I haven't found a solution to my issue. I have been using an obi100 for several years and now I'm its not working.

I updated to the naf firmware and in obitalk everything is connected and status is green.

I think the problem is that in my google voice account there is no 'forward' to chat option.

I had simonic until that went down and I think I may have deleted the 'forward to chat' at that time.

Incoming calls go to my google voice voicemail. Outgoing call give me an error saying 'call rejected reason 500'.

I suspect the 'forward to chat' is no longer available in the google voice settings. Lots of older posts say you have to make one outgoing call for it to show up. They also mention reverting hangouts to the older version also. Neither of these has worked for me.

I understand that the obi100 is not longer supported and all that. But it does seem like some people are still using it. Before I get rid of mine I just wanted to make sure there was no way to get it working again.

Once again I apologize if this question has already been answered. However I did thoroughly search the forum before posting.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

SteveInWA

There is no way to use your OBi 100 as a Google Voice client; it will still function with non-Google Voice service providers, though.  It's time to upgrade to a OBi 200.