News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple extensions

Started by dizzyman, September 02, 2011, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dizzyman

I currently gateway my house phones thru an XLink BT gateway to Verizon's cell network. This is not working well due to poor cell reception at our new house. The house phones are not attached to any landline provider.

I am thinking of using an OBI110 to replace my current setup, but I have a few questions:

1) Can I attach the Obi110 to my household phone wiring (and thus gateway all the house phones thru to Obi110).
2) Can I port my current Verizon cell number to Google Voice? (The number was originally ported from FairPoint to Verizon.)

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: dizzyman on September 02, 2011, 12:22:37 PM
1) Can I attach the Obi110 to my household phone wiring (and thus gateway all the house phones thru to Obi110).

Yes, just make sure no other services or equipment other than your telephones are connected to your household phone wiring before connecting the OBi110 to it or damage could occur.

Quote from: dizzyman on September 02, 2011, 12:22:37 PM
2) Can I port my current Verizon cell number to Google Voice? (The number was originally ported from FairPoint to Verizon.)

You should be able to, but Google Voice does occasionally have restrictions.  Only Google Voice could tell you for sure.