News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

MWI stopped working on two devices several weeks ago

Started by jpa57, July 27, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpa57

I have two phones using Obi200, each with their own account on anveo.   Both had message waiting indicators working several weeks ago.    The phones work fine except for voicemail notifications.   I get emails from the Anevo service when voicemails arrive, and can access voicemail normally; I just don't get the MWI.   I pinged Anveo who noticed that the MWI subscription last occurred on July 2:

SIP Status

Registration from: xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx
SIP UA: OBIHAI/OBi200-3.2.2.5898
Registered on: 27/07/2018 10:23:53
Registration Expires: 27/07/2018 10:24:33
Registration Server: US
MWI Subscription on: 02/07/2018 20:12:57

I'v tried resetting and setting the MWI and VWMI check boxes in the expert configuration settings to no avail.   I have no idea what changed after July 2 which would cause this -- I have not messed with the Obihai or Anveo configurations until I tried to fix this problem.  I speculate it could have been an IP address change.    Any suggestions?

jpa57

I've also re-provisioned the Anveo service to the Obihai and it still does not subscribe to MWI

azrobert

Quote from: jpa57 on July 27, 2018, 10:57:28 AM
I'v tried resetting and setting the MWI and VWMI check boxes in the expert configuration settings to no avail.   

Did you set these on both the Phone port and on the SP where Anveo is defined?

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port
MWIEnable: Checked
VMWIEnable: Checked

Voice Services -> SPx Service
MWIEnable: Checked
X_VMWIEnable: Checked

jpa57

Thanks Azrobert.  I set all four of those on and off, referring sequentially to Obi settings, device default, and explicitly on.   

jpa57

I have also checked the local admin user interface directly on the Obihai, and verified it has the MWI flags set as suggested.   I've also registered an Xlite SIP phone on a sub account and it updated the MWI subscription in the SIP status on Anveo.  So this seems to be an issue with the Obihai.  I'm going to disconnect it for a while just because I'm out of ideas.

pgde

Hey JPA -- I have the exact same problem. Anveo tech support sent me the following response to my trouble ticket:

We activated SIP trace for your account and SIP trace shows that your OBI doesn't send SUBSCRIBE to Anveo. This request asks Anveo to send to your OBI device an information about new voicemail messages: http://siptraces.anveo.com/201807311118215948ce07.txt

Did you ever find a fix to this problem?

Thanks for any help!

P.

jpa57

@pgde -- I have not found a solution. It was off for 24 hours and still did not send an MWI subscription.   You can see the last time it did one in the reports section --> SIP status report, look in the "last MWI subscription" column.   Both of my devices last subscribed on July 2.   What date did yours last work?

pgde

Thanks for the suggestions. Before I downgraded the FW, I tried using my old trusty Obi100 to make sure the problem wasn't on the Anveo side. Sure enough, the 100 worked perfectly with messages. So with that variable eliminated, I turned off all auto provisioning and downgraded the 200's FW as suggested to 5859EX. I manually entered the Message URI in both places and changed the subscription timeout to 60 seconds. Rebooted and called the land line with my cell phone. Surprise -- the 200 now works again (and Anveo is now showing a MW subscription unlike before). So, obviously there must be a FW problem. I would like to have Obi know about this but don't want to pay the $10 fee.

Again, thanks all, it seems to be back to normal......

P.

jpa57

@pgde that's awesome.  Both my devices are on 5859EX already.   I set message X_MWISubscribeExpires, X_MWISubscribeURI    and X_MWISubscribe  in the local administration page (ie port 80 on my local network for the Obihai IP address) and Obitalk.    I changed X_MWISubscribeExpires to 60 but that doesn't seem to change the subscription on Anveo.         

pgde

Other than "disconnecting" from Obitalk and all the other auto-provisioning, the one other thing (and this is a long shot) is that I re-entered my Obi and Anveo credentials (i.e. login/password). Here is another thing I discovered -- if you goto your Anveo Dashboard -- look down on the left side for "IP Phone/ATA Device", regardless of what is says click on the link immediately to the right ("How to Connect"). On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and look for "SIP Status". You will see the status of the MWI subscription. You may already know this, if so, I apologize.

Regards,

P.