News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling my own number - glitchr

Started by MrSitcom, July 27, 2018, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSitcom

I 've had an Obihai system for many years now.  I used it for my "home landline" number.  If I was out of the house and wanted to talk to somebody at my house, I would call the "home landline" number.  I was always greeted with an automated male voice that told me if I wanted to continue with the call to hit "1".  Which I always did and I would immediately hear the phone ringing and somebody would answer it.

Now, as of a couple weeks ago, I upgraded to the new Obihai device with Google Voice.  Everything works fine, except for one possible "glitch".  When I call my "home landline" number now...a female automated voice says the same thing as I used to hear...asking me to hit "1" to continue.  But now when I hit "1", it doesn't do anything immediately.  I have to sit through the automated message and listen to it repeat 3 times before it will accept me hitting "1". 

Is that a "glitch"?  Why doesn't it accept it as soon as I punch "1" instead of a minute later?  Can that be fixed on my end?  Or is that a technical issue Obihai needs to fix?