News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling my own number - glitch

Started by MrSitcom, July 27, 2018, 04:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSitcom

I 've had an Obihai system for many years now.  I used it for my "home landline" number.  If I was out of the house and wanted to talk to somebody at my house, I would call the "home landline" number.  I was always greeted with an automated male voice that told me if I wanted to continue with the call to hit "1".  Which I always did and I would immediately hear the phone ringing and somebody would answer it.

Now, as of a couple weeks ago, I upgraded to the new Obihai device with Google Voice.  Everything works fine, except for one possible "glitch".  When I call my "home landline" number now...a female automated voice says the same thing as I used to hear...asking me to hit "1" to continue.  But now when I hit "1", it doesn't do anything immediately.  I have to sit through the automated message and listen to it repeat 3 times before it will accept me hitting "1". 

Is that a "glitch"?  Why doesn't it accept it as soon as I punch "1" instead of a minute later?  Can that be fixed on my end?  Or is that a technical issue Obihai needs to fix?

drgeoff

I think it is not accepting your "1" at all.  The default is that if the AutoAttendant senses no input from the caller after 3 announcements the call is automatically put through to the phone.  You can confirm that by calling and not pressing anything.

Do you actually want to use the AA?  If you do not and always want to directly ring the phone, that is easy to accomplish.

If you do want to retain the AA functionality, try changing the DTMF method at Service Providers, ITSP Profile A (or B or C or D as appropriate.)  You need to use Expert Mode on the portal to do that.

MrSitcom

If I don't want to use the AA, you say that is easy to accomplish.  What do I do?

drgeoff

Quote from: MrSitcom on July 28, 2018, 11:55:13 AM
If I don't want to use the AA, you say that is easy to accomplish.  What do I do?
Change the X_InboundCallRoute to ph.  That's on the Voice Services, SP1 (or whatever) page. 

MrSitcom

drgeoff

Quote from: MrSitcom on July 28, 2018, 07:55:18 PM
I can't find where to do that.
Login in at obitalk.com.  On the Dashboard look at the line that shows your device.  There should be 1 or 2 cogwheels at the right hand end.  If present click on the one containing a red E.  If it is not present click on 'Edit Profile'.  Scroll to the bottom, tick the 'Enable OBi Expert Entry from Dashboard' box and Click Submit. The second gearwheel should now be visible on the Dashboard.

To edit any parameter you need to first clear both tickboxes at the end of its line.  Then click Submit and wait for the OBi to reboot. 

MrSitcom

I got as far as making the second gear appear with the red E.  But once I click on it, I don't see anything that resembles a tick box or anything to click on or adjust.  Thanks for the help though...I think I'm just going to give up on this glitch.

drgeoff

Quote from: MrSitcom on July 30, 2018, 02:06:41 PM
I got as far as making the second gear appear with the red E.  But once I click on it, I don't see anything that resembles a tick box or anything to click on or adjust.  Thanks for the help though...I think I'm just going to give up on this glitch.
Clicking on the that gear takes you to a page with a vertical list containing Status, System Management, etc. Click on Voice Services in that list and follow what I wrote previously.