News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 Installation prob-can make calls but can't recieve calls, details inside

Started by thebig, July 27, 2018, 07:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebig

Hello

i have looked all over the forum but could not find the answer/fix

I just received my new OBI200 and tried to set up my google voice number on there. everything was working great with my original google number but once i ported in my home phone number to replace my google number i can no longer recieve phone calls. I can call out no problem and it shows the correct phone number but no matter what phone i use, i do not receive the call on my OBI. The incoming calls ring and show up on google voice but not on the obi call history. I have tried to uninstall/restart/reset multiple times with no avail. I also deleted the config to the new ported number and tried another google number and that works fine, so there is something special with the new home phone number that i ported thats not working with OBI.

to summarize, i can make calls out with correct caller ID but incoming calls do not show up on OBI call history but they do show up on google voice.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

drgeoff

How long since the port? It does take aopreciable time for the change to propagate.

thebig

It's been about 24 hours now but since it rings in Google voice shouldn't it also ring on OBi

SteveInWA

Quote from: thebig on July 28, 2018, 03:25:19 AM
It's been about 24 hours now but since it rings in Google voice shouldn't it also ring on OBi

What do you mean, exactly, by "...it rings in Google voice..."?
If you don't already have one set up, link one conventional 10-digit forwarding phone number on the Google Voice settings page, https://voice.google.com/settings

Call the GV inbound number from some other, unrelated phone number (NOT that linked number, and NOT another Google Voice number).  What happens?  The expected behavior is that the linked phone number will ring and you can answer the call.

thebig

That is correct. It rings on the linked phone but not on the obi. It doesn't even show in the call history on obi

drgeoff

Quote from: thebig on July 28, 2018, 11:38:23 AM
That is correct. It rings on the linked phone but not on the obi. It doesn't even show in the call history on obi
Is your Obitalk device enabled as a forwarding phone in the settings at GV?

SteveInWA

What's the firmware build number on your device?

Pick up the attached phone and key in ***0 then 1# to hear it spoken to you.

SteveInWA

OK, that's the latest.

What usually fixes this is to completely remove everything on both the OBiTALK and Google sides, and then set it up again.

I realize you said you "reset" or "restarted" everything, but I have no way to know exactly what that entailed.  It's faster to just go ahead and start over, than try to keep troubleshooting.

Here are the steps.  Follow every one.  Do not skip anything:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

thebig

thebig

Here is how I fixed the problem finally. I made a brand new Google account and transferred the number to that account (free) and connected the new account to obi and worked fined now.