News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Message Light Not on/OBI200

Started by pgde, July 29, 2018, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgde

HI All: I am having a problem with my Obi200. It has been working fine for the past year and a few days ago I decided to update the firmware to 5898EX. After that I rebooted and my voicemail message light is no longer working (as well as the stutter tone). I have turned off the Obitalk service (I think). I have looked at SP1 Service under Voice Services and both the MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable are checked (not the default check box). The X_MWIRoute and X_VMWIRoute fields are blank and their default box is checked.  *97 indicates there are new voicemail messages (my test messages), so I don't think it is a service issue but a configuration one.

I was thinking of downgrading back to the other firmware but apparently one can't do this.

I do not use Google Voice and Anveo is my VOIP provider. Otherwise, the system is working fine.

I am not an expert in ATAs so any help would be appreciated. I do have the xml backup configuration file if that would help (unfortunately it is from the new firmware).

Thanks so much!

SteveInWA

I think you are the second poster to report this Anveo problem in the past week.  Perhaps another Anveo customer will have a clue as to what changed.

pgde

Thanks. I think I will also send an email to their support.

P.

pgde

Anveo support said the following:

We activated SIP trace for your account and SIP trace shows that your OBI doesn't send SUBSCRIBE to Anveo. This request asks Anveo to send to your OBI device an information about new voicemail messages. Here is the link to the trace file, the contents of which are out of my expertise:  http://siptraces.anveo.com/201807311118215948ce07.txt

How do I fix this?

Many thanks,

P.

pgde

In other forums several suggested downgrading the FW. Before I downgraded the FW, I tried using my old trusty Obi100 to make sure the problem wasn't on the Anveo side. Sure enough, the 100 worked perfectly with messages. So with that variable eliminated, I turned off all auto provisioning and downgraded the 200's FW as suggested to 5859EX. I manually entered the Message URI in both places and changed the subscription timeout to 60 seconds. Rebooted and called the land line with my cell phone. Surprise -- the 200 now works again (and Anveo is now showing a MW subscription unlike before). So, obviously there must be a FW problem. I would like to have Obi know about this but don't want to pay the $10 fee.

Again, thanks all, it seems to be back to normal......

P.