News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridged Call Supposedly Ringing, But Google Voicemail Picks Up

Started by A_Friend, July 29, 2018, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

To get rid of some persistent spam, I'm trying to bridge calls from the entire exchange my GV number is on to a system busy signal.  I'm using an extension on a Callcentric account to be the bridge target, where Call Treatments directs it to its system busy destination. 

I've called the target directly to verify it's set up and provides a busy signal.

I'm using the inbound call route of SP1, where GV lives, to use SP3, a Callcentric account, to call the extension, using the 17771234567101 format of Callcentric extensions.  Basically, my inbound call route looks something like this:

{@.202999xxxx:SP3(17771234567101)},{ph}

I substituted my cellphone number in the route to test it.  The phone port doesn't ring.  I get a ringback tone in the cellphone (telling me the destination is ringing), and Call Status shows a bridged call.

Here's the kicker:  I don't get the busy signal, and after the standard 4 rings, Google Voice voicemail picks up and takes a message.

Any idea what might be going on?

I also tried a SIP URI as the destination and that doesn't seem to work, either.

azrobert

It's been like that forever. Fax and voicemail work with bridged calls.

Taoman

If your goal is to forward/fork incoming GV calls to Callcentric to use their call treatments to stop spam/robo callers why aren't you just forwarding to Callcentric directly from your GV account instead of trying to loop back from your OBi to Callcentric?

A_Friend

Quote from: Taoman on July 30, 2018, 02:28:01 PM
If your goal is to forward/fork incoming GV calls to Callcentric to use their call treatments to stop spam/robo callers why aren't you just forwarding to Callcentric directly from your GV account instead of trying to loop back from your OBi to Callcentric?

Because Google Voice will only forward to a U.S. DID and I didn't want to dedicate/buy a new DID to/for this?  I don't even think we could use an iNum, but even if we could, GV charges for those calls.  Also, because this isn't my primary GV account and I didn't want to link back to a DID I'm using with the primary.

But, that's neither here nor there...  What's the bottom line, can you bridge a call using the inbound call route, or not?  It's documented in the version of the Device Administration Manual I have, but I've tried a few permutations and I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm pretty sure I had something like this working back on an earlier version of the firmware, like maybe build 5757EX, back when GV worked via XMPP.

drgeoff

Quote from: A_Friend on July 30, 2018, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: Taoman on July 30, 2018, 02:28:01 PM

Because Google Voice will only forward to a U.S. DID and I didn't want to dedicate/buy a new DID to/for this?  I don't even think we could use an iNum, but even if we could, GV charges for those calls.  Also, because this isn't my primary GV account and I didn't want to link back to a DID I'm using with the primary.

But, that's neither here nor there...  What's the bottom line, can you bridge a call using the inbound call route, or not?  It's documented in the version of the Device Administration Manual I have, but I've tried a few permutations and I can't seem to get it to work.
1.  You can get an inbound-only US DID from Callcentric with no charges except the 911 fee and if you are outside the US (which you imply you are) then you don't even have to pay that.  All the usual Callcentric Call Treatments are available on it.

2.  Yes I have bridging working using X_InboundCallRoute.  Incoming calls on a SIP service (not GV) ring the phone attached to the OBi and, if the Caller ID matches one in a small list in a User Defined Digit Map, a UK cellphone via another provider configured on a Voice Gateway.

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on July 30, 2018, 02:55:29 PM

1.  You can get an inbound-only US DID from Callcentric with no charges except the 911 fee and if you are outside the US (which you imply you are) then you don't even have to pay that.  All the usual Callcentric Call Treatments are available on it.

^^This.

And you wouldn't have to configure/register to it using your OBi since all you want it for is the call treatments and telemarketer block. You can download (free) Phonerlite on your computer and configure it for the Callcentric DID just for testing purposes. You wouldn't have to "dedicate" anything to it. Only requirement is to have at least one inbound call every 3 months (if I remember right).

But mostly you would just be using the call treatments. CC has great wildcard support.

A_Friend

Drgeoff and Taoman,

We're getting a bit off-topic here.  My question is about using inbound call route on a GV SP to bridge calls using another SP.

I'm aware of Callcentric's free DIDs.  I have two of them, one for each account I needed for E911 (I have two houses, yes both in the USofA).  I use one for incoming faxes and the other as a dedicated inbound line for AA.  (I also have two paid subscribed ex-telco DIDs, which I make ring in both houses and my cell phone.)  (Previous threads where I've talked about Circlenet and an account in the UK and shipping an ATA was for a niece who's just moved there.)

So, if you have some advice as to what I was doing wrong in the example at top, other than trying to do that rather than use GV forwarding, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

azrobert

Quote from: azrobert on July 30, 2018, 02:03:17 PM
It's been like that forever. Fax and voicemail work with bridged calls.

I wasn't very clear with my post. I tried bridging a call to Callcentric years ago and had the same result. You can bridge a call to Callcentric when the Call Treatment routes the call to Fax or Voicemail. IMHO a fax tone is a good place to send these calls.

This is not an OBi configuration problem. I get a similar result using SIPSorcery to bridge a call, getting a busy signal and the console shows several 183 response codes. I think this is the behavior Callcentric wants.

Taoman

I got it to work using SIP URI* and having the call treatment send it to a Callcentric IVR. The only thing selected in the CC IVR is:

Last Route: Special Forward
and choose "Busy tone/Line disconnect"

*But I put the wild card filter in the CC call treatment, not in the InboundCallRoute.

A_Friend

Quote from: azrobert on July 30, 2018, 09:08:30 PM
I wasn't very clear with my post. I tried bridging a call to Callcentric years ago and had the same result. You can bridge a call to Callcentric when the Call Treatment routes the call to Fax or Voicemail. IMHO a fax tone is a good place to send these calls.

This is not an OBi configuration problem. I get a similar result using SIPSorcery to bridge a call, getting a busy signal and the console shows several 183 response codes. I think this is the behavior Callcentric wants.

THANKS!  That does seem to be the limitation.  That, and you can't use Callcentric to send a call to a Callcentric SIP URI.  Oddly enough, the complete address generates a message "484 Incomplete Address."  The 3 digit extension number doesn't trigger Call Treatments.  However, you can use voip.ms, or probably anyone else, to do the full SIP URI to Callcentric, and that works.  With the Fax Tone, not, as you said, the busy signal.