News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multi Line SIP phone

Started by FocusGuy, July 30, 2018, 01:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusGuy

I have a questions. If someone could please help me with these I'd be forever grateful:

1. Is it possible for me to buy a multi-line IP phone and use the Obi portal to forward my calls to that phone? Basically, I want to use three GV numbers and have them ring on two phones at the same time. One will be in my office the other at my home office. I'd like to be able to tell which number was dialed on each phone.

drgeoff

1. The Obi portal's function is to configure OBi* phones and Obi ATAs.  It does not configure other manufacturers' products.  It plays no part in routeing calls**.

* Obihai has been acquired by Polycom and OBi products are being rebranded as Polycom ones.  The portal does not handle existing Polycom IP phones.

** In addition to standard SIP (and GV's "custom version" of it) OBi products support the Obitalk protocol which permits free calls between OBi products.

2.  Obi/Polycom do have a range of IP phones which can register/connect to 3 or more ITSPs including GV.  Many ITSPs including GV have no problem with 2 phones on the same "line".  Either can make a call, they both ring on incoming and either can answer.  The OBis have screens and LEDs which show which line is ringing. Look to the adverts to the left of these posts.

FocusGuy

If I understand you correctly, to have three GV numbers ring to one phone would be to buy and use something like the Obi1022?

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on July 30, 2018, 02:15:01 PM
If I understand you correctly, to have three GV numbers ring to one phone would be to buy and use something like the Obi1022?
Correct. Or its siblings in the OBi1000 range.  There is also the newer OBi2000 range.  All support up to 6 numbers except the 1022 which supports up to 5.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on July 30, 2018, 02:26:06 PM
Quote from: FocusGuy on July 30, 2018, 02:15:01 PM
Correct. Or its siblings in the OBi1000 range.  There is also the newer OBi2000 range.  All support up to 6 numbers except the 1022 which supports up to 5.

The 1022 supports six SPs, in any mix of Google Voice or SIP ITSPs, just like the other OBiTALK IP Phones.

https://www.amazon.com/Obihai-OBi1022-Phone-Power-Supply/dp/B00TEJOYYQ

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 30, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
The 1022 supports six SPs, in any mix of Google Voice or SIP ITSPs, just like the other OBiTALK IP Phones.
Yes, it was the 5 Line keys on the 1022 in the back of my mind.

FocusGuy

Thank you guys I ended up buying 3 Obi 1032 units.