News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 2182... Nothing but problems

Started by JM1208, July 31, 2018, 11:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JM1208

We just bought 2 obihai 2182 phone. It was nice to have inbuilt wifi AC and Bluetooth support built in. On spec wise, it looked all good for using them as business phone.

We also bought Yeastar PBX S20 alongwith it. Ordered a SIP trunking service. We configured the SIP trunking through our PBX.

Problems
1. Google voice.    The phone works fine when registered with only 1 service provider as google voice only. The moment we add another SIP account , It breaks up Google voice setup within. Then it would not connect giving message " Connecting to 0.0.0.0 ".

2. Our SIP trunking service through Yeastar S20 pbx -     We initially had problems registering the extension with our PBX. But then we figure out how to do it properly. It now registers fine but anytime we dial local pbx extension or outside number, the phone would ring and reboots itselfs.... After countless times of factory reset and trying again, it just doesn't want to work. We connected local syslog server to figure out issues from phone. I am attaching the syslog files, if anybody could figure out issues. To me it looks like codec issues and phone having issues encoding or decoding when the call starts.

3. Phonebook Import :  When we import google contacts into phonebook and try to access the phonebook, the phone randomly reboots.

4. Support : We bought this little over 45 days now. We are entitled to support, but good luck with anyone trying to solve anything through support. There is no phone tech support. My first support request  got ignored, 2nd one answered and no follow up on 2nd request. It is joke if you are thinking of using this  as business phone.

We tried to reproduce the SIP issues through XLite softphone but that is working as it should be with no issues. The culprits are these 2 phone that I am soon going to label as " Bluetooth headset only "

SteveInWA

I can't help with your Yealink PBX issue, but as for the others:

1:  this is working as designed.  When you add multiple Google Voice SPs, the portal is rebooting your phone and sending multiple connection attempts to Google Voice for those multiple accounts.  This can result in the requests being rejected by the server, or some other, unknown problem.  However, it will clear itself up, if you just let the phone sit there for a while; the individual SPs will automatically retry connection and eventually start working.  If, after waiting say 20 minutes, and it's still not connecting, power cycle the phone, and do not change anything; just let it sit there.

2:  If was me, I wouldn't use a PBX; I'd simply provision the SIP trunks directly on the phone, using credentials from a cloud-based ITSP.  Let the ITSP act as the PBX.

3:  I've been using a 2182 since it was in beta test.  The contacts import and lookup function is working fine for me.  You may have some invalid data in one or more of your contacts.

4:  I forwarded a link to your post, to one of my contacts at Polycom

JM1208

Thanks for helping Steve

1. GV Issue -   We are adding just one GV account in one phone. I even let it sit overnight and did factory reset. It just randomly stop working. The status is always " Connecting to 0.0.0.0 "

SteveInWA

Sorry, I missed that only one of the SPs was Google Voice.  However, the same issue would apply.  I don't know why it is continuing to do that.  What happens now, if you delete the other SPx slot (your SIP ITSP)?  Does Google Voice start working correctly?

What is the firmware version on the phone?  Pick up the handset and key in ***0 then 1# to hear it read back to you.  It should be 6.2.3 (Build: 4860.1311) or higher.

JM1208

Hi
     Software version is 6.2.3 ( Build 4860.1311 ). I think it is latest version.

SteveInWA

Weird.

There are two "shotgun" fixes you can try that have generally fixed all of the recent OBi/GV problems.

First:

Delete all of the SP1--SP6 configurations off of the phone.  Sign into the correct Google account that holds your GV number, and go here:  https://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1  Click the link that says "Apps with account access", then click the "MANAGE APPS" link.  Delete every app that mentions Google Voice and Google Contacts. 

Then, try to configure just SP1 with Google Voice on the phone.  What happens now?

If that doesn't help, I have another fix to try, but to save typing, please try the above steps first.