News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming Google Voice Fax

Started by JohnnyDoughboy, July 31, 2018, 09:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyDoughboy

I apologized as I am sure this topic has been discussed but I'm new to this and barely even know how to search through all the threads to get relevant information...

I have Line 1 set up for GV and it goes to the cordless phone. Works flawlessly.

I have Line 2 set up for GV and it goes to a fax machine.... Works "flawlessly".

BUT I am having problems. The phone rings. I can send faxes with no problems. My issue is I cannot, regardless of the speed I set the modem at receive any faxes. Every incoming fax shows with the error that there was an error. Outgoing works fine. Incoming not at all.

Is there something I have to do? I am using an OfficeJet 8740 for the faxing and I've tried it on a regular landline and have had no issues whatsoever, the only problem is using Obitalk to receive the faxes.

Please help!

Again, excuse my ignorance and lack of technical knowledge in my post. I thought this would be a simple to use solution and so far it is pretty simple except for the receiving fax portion.

Thank you!
David