News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter in India

Started by venki, September 03, 2011, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venki

Hi,

I like to use OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter in India, already I am having Google voice and using via PC. Can you help me to purchase this instrument in India and can be used in India.

Anticipating your earliest reply and help

with regards,
venki
vsmv@rediffmail.com

anshuman26

well, it's not directly sold in India...but if you have friends and relatives in the US, then you could ask them to buy it from Amazon and ship it to you...

pc44

I wonder how the power plug would work with the different electrical system in other countries.  Wouldn't he have to purchase some sort of add-on power adapter or replace the existing Obi power adapter with something else?  That would be the only problem I think.

QBZappy

There have been some success stories on this forum of the OBi working in India. You might review the forum and ask someone who has sent an OBi to India what steps he took.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

anshuman26

the adapter is an universal adapter so it should work with India's 200-220V system...only thing you would need is a suitable plug point which is readily available...

The obi does indeed work from india...

earthtoobi

i can confirm too that it works in india.
Obitalk Voice,SIP providers and GoogleChat Inbound all work.