News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Locked out of device?

Started by tonybucci, August 01, 2018, 08:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybucci

This may be obvious but i have gotten no traction at all via the googlebox, obi support tickets or calling into obi support.

My work has purchased an obi302 second hand, and i suspect it may still be registered to the original owners obitalk portal as factory resets do not reset the passwords in the IVR or the web portal.

I cant dial **5 in order to add it to my own obi portal as the phone immediately gives me a fast busy signal once the 5 is pressed, same with **9 for the echo test.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions? is there a way around this or did we purchase a brick?

SteveInWA

You purchased a brick.  Your assumptions are correct.

The devices are so inexpensive, that it makes no sense to buy a used one.  Users typically keep their devices until they break, and the ones for sale on eBay, Craigslist, etc. usually have some sort of hardware issue or were carrier-locked.

Do note that the 302 model is designed for service provider deployment and management; it's not a consumer device.  You want the 202.

azrobert

You can try a factory reset. There is an access hole for the reset button on the bottom of the unit. Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip until the LED's start to flash then release. Good luck.

SteveInWA

Quote from: azrobert on August 01, 2018, 10:25:20 AM
You can try a factory reset. There is an access hole for the reset button on the bottom of the unit. Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip until the LED's start to flash then release. Good luck.

Per the OP, "as factory resets do not reset the passwords in the IVR or the web portal."

If the device was locked to a carrier via OBiTALK, it cannot be re-used with a different account.

tonybucci

As I suspected, thank you for confirming, there doesn't seem to be a way to get any good information out of Obihai so this was my final option. also, know that I am a service provider that is trying to certify the obihais for use with my system, so i think i have the right model  ;)

SteveInWA

Quote from: tonybucci on August 02, 2018, 05:06:10 AM
As I suspected, thank you for confirming, there doesn't seem to be a way to get any good information out of Obihai so this was my final option. also, know that I am a service provider that is trying to certify the obihais for use with my system, so i think i have the right model  ;)

There are detailed spec sheets available for all of the hardware.  If you're going to buy another one for testing, you may want to get the 300 instead of the 302, since it is smaller and cheaper.  It supports one phone port; the 302 supports two phone ports and has a (typically unused) router.

Also, if "service provider" means hundreds or thousands of customers, Polycom has a service provider portal, designed to provision and remotely manage large numbers of devices.

http://www.polycom.com/voice-conferencing-solutions/voip-adapters.html