News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 setup with cable modem for google voice

Started by Claire, August 03, 2018, 12:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claire

I have an OBi200 and am trying to use it to connect to Google Voice. I used it in the past with a different internet provider. I have an ARRIS cable modem which requires a password.

The power light is blinking on the Obi200, I have all of the connections made. I get a dial tone, but the echo test gives me the message IP Address not available? Can't seem to get past this.
Any help appreciated..

drgeoff

The power LED blinking means the OBi is not getting an IP address.  That's a fundamental step.  You won't get anywhere until that is resolved.

Please give full details of your network configuration including make and model numbers,

sasuser

I am having the same problem with my Obi200, and have tried numerous fixes that I've come across in the forum, but honestly i'm not sure i know what I'm doing. 
I connected the ethernet cable directly to the modem i have from Spectrum, an ARRIS TG1672G.
Multiple attempts to configure the device end up with a message, backing off TCP connection failed
I can get the IP when i call, but when i try the echo test there is silence.
Google voice is working, as all the calls made to the GV number are going to the linked cell phone - but i am unable to get the phone connected to the obi device to work.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: sasuser on August 11, 2018, 03:25:00 PM
I am having the same problem with my Obi200, and have tried numerous fixes that I've come across in the forum, but honestly i'm not sure i know what I'm doing. 
I connected the ethernet cable directly to the modem i have from Spectrum, an ARRIS TG1672G.
Multiple attempts to configure the device end up with a message, backing off TCP connection failed
I can get the IP when i call, but when i try the echo test there is silence.
Google voice is working, as all the calls made to the GV number are going to the linked cell phone - but i am unable to get the phone connected to the obi device to work.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks
You are NOT having the same problem.  For example, Claire said that the echo test gives her an error message.  You say that it gives you silence.  Please start your own topic to avoid muddying the waters of this one.

sasuser

Apologies.  Would you offer a suggestion on what the topic should be? I've tried so many things - sometimes when i dial **9 222 222 222 i get silence but other times i get the message - the IP address is not available.
thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: sasuser on August 11, 2018, 04:17:20 PM
Apologies.  Would you offer a suggestion on what the topic should be? I've tried so many things - sometimes when i dial **9 222 222 222 i get silence but other times i get the message - the IP address is not available.
thanks!
Just give it some reasonably descriptive title and stop posting in this one.