News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

non-standard carrier setup-how to I do it?

Started by kjkj, August 03, 2018, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjkj

I can't get anyone in support to call me. Very frustrating.

I have a ethernet handoff to a AP from Century Link. We don't have a broadband connection. Should I take the cable that is going to the CTL router, to the SW port on my OBi1032 phone?

Email support just parrots their setup instructions and doesn't provide guidance when I explain our infrastructure.

KJKJ

drgeoff

Quote from: kjkj on August 03, 2018, 02:20:52 PM
I can't get anyone in support to call me. Very frustrating.

I have a ethernet handoff to a AP from Century Link. We don't have a broadband connection. Should I take the cable that is going to the CTL router, to the SW port on my OBi1032 phone?

Email support just parrots their setup instructions and doesn't provide guidance when I explain our infrastructure.

KJKJ
If you explained your infrastructure to Obihai support as badly as you explained it here then I'm not surprised the answer was even more useless than usual.

The ethernet port labelled SW is for connection to your network.  If your ethernet handoff contains a router then you can connect the port labelled PC to your AP.  However if it does not and the AP is a router with Wi-Fi AP but only one ethernet port then you cannot do that.  One solution would be to get an OBiWIFI or OBiWIFI5G and use that wirelessly connect the 1032.