News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 - Reconfigure for New Google Voice

Started by N7AS, August 04, 2018, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N7AS

I have always used the Local UI to configure all my OBi devices from Day one and have disabled provisioning by the OBiTalk website. This goes back many years since the OBi110 was released.

I want to update my OBi200 to the new Google voice.

My OBi200 is at firmware version 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX)
SP1  Localphone (SIP)
SP2  Bill simons GVGW
SP3  Bill Simons GVGW
SP4  Callcentric

I want to replace SP2 and SP3 with the new Google Voice and leave SP1 and SP4 as is.

I haven't been following the posts on the demise of XMPP like I should hoping that Bill Simon would have a fix. Well, that did not happen.

Where do I start?
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

GPz1100

Start here: http://www.obifirmware.com/

This will allow you to configure everything manually including provisioning of google voice oauth2 credentials.

Official firmware locks out ability to downgrade.  Modded firmware has no such limitations.

N7AS

I got my OBi200 updated to the latest firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

What I did was backup my OBi200 configuration as using OBi version. I imported it to OBiExpert and shortly I had the latest firmware.
From there I was able to get the SP2 and SP3 operational on the New Google Voice. I then got SP1 and SP4 working with 2 SIP Providers (Localphone and Callcentric).

I thought I would try the same method with my OBi1032.
I imported a backup OBi version to OBiExpert and set Auto Firmware Update to Periodically with the Interval left at 86400. I also set OBiTalk Provisioning to the same values. I even tried setting the Interval to 0.

So far no new firmware on the OBi1032. I am still at 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311). Is this a different breed of animal?

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

A_Friend

Quote from: N7AS on August 05, 2018, 04:32:13 PM
What I did was backup my OBi200 configuration as using OBi version. I imported it to OBiExpert and shortly I had the latest firmware.

Hmmm...  Maybe that's what I was doing wrong.  When I did my backup I used the generic version, and OBi Expert wouldn't import any of my speed dials.  Did you have speed dials and were they correctly imported?  

(That wasn't my only problem with this firmware level.  I also couldn't reload my AA prompts -- the voice files came across, but not the mappings.  But, that's another story.)

Thanks.

N7AS

Quote from: A_Friend on August 05, 2018, 05:05:42 PM

Hmmm...  Maybe that's what I was doing wrong.  When I did my backup I used the generic version, and OBi Expert wouldn't import any of my speed dials.  Did you have speed dials and were they correctly imported?  

(That wasn't my only problem with this firmware level.  I also couldn't reload my AA prompts -- the voice files came across, but not the mappings.  But, that's another story.)

Thanks.

My Speed Dials are still there when I log into the local UI with the IP address.
In OBi Expert, I could not find the Speed Dials to be able to edit them there. They still work ok.

It's strange that I can't get my method to work with my OBi1032.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

drgeoff

I got my OBi200 updated to the latest firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

From there I was able to get the SP2 and SP3 operational on the New Google Voice. I then got SP1 and SP4 working with 2 SIP Providers (Localphone and Callcentric).

I thought I would try the same method with my OBi1032.
I imported a backup OBi version to OBiExpert and set Auto Firmware Update to Periodically with the Interval left at 86400. I also set OBiTalk Provisioning to the same values. I even tried setting the Interval to 0.

So far no new firmware on the OBi1032. I am still at 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311). Is this a different breed of animal?

My 1032 didn't autoupdate from 4666 even after a reset to defaults.  I manually loaded 4858EX.

N7AS

@drgeoff

Where can I get 4858EX? I take it that it is the latest firmware?

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

A_Friend

I think you at least want 5859EX for the Obi200.  That will work with the new GV configuration.  If you attach to the portal, it will probably upgrade you to 5898EX which is the latest.

But, if you just want to get started, the earlier one should work.  You can download it here:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX-198839.fw

There's also this:  obifirmware.com, which is not associated with obihai.com, where there is a recipe and unofficial firmware to configure your own GV without the portal.  (Note: any official version of firmware past 5757ex will block you from loading this.)

N7AS

Whoop-De-Do. Whoop-De-Do. I finally got the yellow triangle on the OBi-Dashboard for my OBi1032 and updated the firmware to 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311).
I now have the 5 Google Voice numbers working that was on Bill Simon's GVGW Gateway. The only thing that I did not like is that my Speed Dials were changed to the ones I used about 4 years ago before moving to Arizona. I just disabled OBiTalk Provisioning and was able to keep my present Speed Dials. I could not find anywhere on OBi-Expert to edit Speed Dials.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

azrobert

Quote from: N7AS on August 05, 2018, 11:21:33 PM
I could not find anywhere on OBi-Expert to edit Speed Dials.
Speed dials are found near the top of the left column of the Dashboard. There is only one set of speed dials and will be common for all your OBi devices.

drgeoff

Whoop-De-Do. Whoop-De-Do. I finally got the yellow triangle on the OBi-Dashboard for my OBi1032 and updated the firmware to 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311).
I assume you mistakenly typed the previous firmware version details.  If so, what version is your 1032 running now?

N7AS

Quote from: drgeoff on August 06, 2018, 08:39:08 AM
I assume you mistakenly typed the previous firmware version details.  If so, what version is your 1032 running now?

It's running version 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311) not a typo.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

Redw00d

People here are just Begging for answers... many many threads on:

200/202 doesn't ring... but, outbound calls ok...

I have spent another morning, creating new google talk number/account, etc, etc...

COULD SOMEONE FROM OBIHAI JUST BE HONEST AND COME HERE AND SAY, WE DON'T KNOW, ITS NOT WORKING, YES YOU BOUGHT A NEW DEVISE THAT PROMISED TO WORK WITH GOOGLE TALK, BUT, IT DOESN'T, AND WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS... PLEASE, JUST BE HONEST, STOP WITH THE BS POSTS ABOUT, BE MORE SPECIFIC, ETC... USERS ARE TRYING, BUT, NO FIXES , OH WELL

drgeoff

Quote from: N7AS on August 06, 2018, 10:38:46 AM

Your second post in this thread said that your 1032 was still 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311).  A later post by you said "I finally got the yellow triangle on the OBi-Dashboard for my OBi1032 and updated the firmware to 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311).  That's not my definition of 'update'.

N7AS

Quote from: drgeoff on August 06, 2018, 01:00:23 PM
Quote from: N7AS on August 06, 2018, 10:38:46 AM

Your second post in this thread said that your 1032 was still 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311).  A later post by you said "I finally got the yellow triangle on the OBi-Dashboard for my OBi1032 and updated the firmware to 5.1.7 (Build: 4666EX.1311).  That's not my definition of 'update'.

You are absolutely correct. I had many numbers running through my old brain that I didn't see that.
I did find Firmware 5.1.11-4858EX, but the OBi-Dashboard had the Yellow triangle, so I clicked on that. Everything works, so I said don't fix it.
So, would you recommend me to flash 5.1.11-4858EX anyway?

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

I installed firmware version 5.1.11 (Build: 4858EX.1311) on my OBi1032. I had to delete my 5 GV numbers and set them up again as before that they were not working as I thought even though they showed as connected. I called each of them and can confirm they are now working.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ