News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using a FreePBX with Obi service & Phones

Started by FocusGuy, August 06, 2018, 09:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusGuy

I have more than two phones (3 obi 1032 phones). I also have 3 GV numbers on those phones. I want to connect the phones together so that when anyone calls any phone regardless of the number they call I can see that someone is on that line (if that's a good idea).

I also want to install an auto attendant the greets the customer first thing when they call (with more options than the stock obitalk one). I have downloaded and install FreePBX on a raspberry pi 3B+. I am looking for some direction with this. This is the last piece of my upgrade project. By the way one of the phones is going to be in my home office. I need it all to work together. Thank you in advance.  :)

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on August 06, 2018, 09:36:21 AM
I also want to install an auto attendant the greets the customer first thing when they call (with more options than the stock obitalk one). I have downloaded and install FreePBX on a raspberry pi 3B+. I am looking for some direction with this. This is the last piece of my upgrade project. By the way one of the phones is going to be in my home office. I need it all to work together. Thank you in advance.  :)
Read the FreePBX and Asterisk documentation.

FocusGuy

I am researching now but I was looking for some sort of guide if one exists.

FocusGuy

For some reason when I try to connect to Google voice from me FREEBPX it does not connect. Does anyone have any idea why? When I use obitalk to connect it works. What am I neglecting?

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on August 14, 2018, 09:49:40 AM
For some reason when I try to connect to Google voice from me FREEBPX it does not connect. Does anyone have any idea why? When I use obitalk to connect it works. What am I neglecting?
What method of getting a GV trunk on FreePBX are you configuring?  The "Motif" method does not work now that Google finally turned off XMPP.

Have a read of recent nerdvittles eg http://nerdvittles.com/?p=26632