News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing Calls On GV Intermittant

Started by BrooklynVoicer, January 24, 2019, 07:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrooklynVoicer

The last couple days, placing calls via GV has been hit or miss, mostly miss. (No problems placing calls on other carriers.)  My incoming calls don't go through SP1/GV, but are forwarded to a DID with a commercial VoIP carrier on SP2 or SP3.  (I use two of them.) This morning wasn't able to call anyone on Google Voice.  SP1 (GV) Service Status was "Connected" the whole time.  I rebooted the Obi2xx and was then able to place a call. 

Any idea what's going on?  I've never seen this behavior in years of using Google Voice.

BrooklynVoicer

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer the question.  I didn't have any network connectivity problems.  SP1 (GV) was connected throughout.  A simple reboot restored the ability to place calls.  If it had been a network DNS problem, that wouldn't have fixed it.

To put my question another way, when is "Connected" insufficient to place calls?  And what causes that?

zorlac

Quote from: BrooklynVoicer on January 24, 2019, 12:12:18 PM
A simple reboot restored the ability to place calls.  If it had been a network DNS problem, that wouldn't have fixed it.
Au contraire, a reboot was the ONLY thing that restored my outgoing calls. Changing the DNS has kept that from happening so far.