News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202

Started by Redw00d, August 07, 2018, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redw00d

so, does ANYbodys 202 work with google voice? are you getting calls ringing IN? I'm curious.

I used a 110 for Many years... wonderful

bought a new 202... worked for.. about a week... :)  I just want it to DO, as advertized... perhaps, these products should stop being sold, until they do as advertized? class action? hummmm

"Native Support for Google Voiceâ„¢

From the telephones connected to the OBi202, anyone can make free calls in the USA and Canada. Users may also receive calls to their Google Voice phone number(s) and get new / unheard voice message notifications on the phones attached to the OBi202."

from their product page:

https://www.obitalk.com/info/products/obi202

so, please, chime in, is your working? or, have you just Given up?

thanks

GPz1100

Many of us have functioning devices with the new gvsip platform.

There are many many factors that go into making it a functional system including gv account settings and obi device settings.  Because of so many variables, the typical tactic is to factory reset and start over.  I believe other threads/posts gave you direction.

With respect to inbound calls, does obi call history indicate the call is received?  If so, then it's a setting that needs adjusting to tell the obi device which phone port to ring. 

If obi call history has no record then need to figure out why the call is not being received. Likely an incorrect gv account setting.

azrobert

Quote from: Redw00d on August 07, 2018, 10:36:17 AM
bought a new 202... worked for.. about a week...

If your 202 worked for a week, maybe you have a hardware failure. You should be able to get a replacement.

Redw00d

Quote from: azrobert on August 07, 2018, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: Redw00d on August 07, 2018, 10:36:17 AM
bought a new 202... worked for.. about a week...

If your 202 worked for a week, maybe you have a hardware failure. You should be able to get a replacement.

hey Robt, thanks... well, my 202 worked Correctly, for a week, ie: incoming calls rang, and able to pickup phone and use... than...

withOUT changing any settings... I can now ONLY use those phones to call out, they do not ring...

so, do you think I might have a hardware failure?

thanks!

Redw00d

thank you GPz,
so, with New 202, all features worked... then.... incoming calls stopped, but, I can call out so?
and, I had NOT changed anything, on MY end... so...

could you pls address these two issues, and I will attempt to repair them:

"With respect to inbound calls, does obi call history indicate the call is received?  If so, then it's a setting that needs adjusting to tell the obi device which phone port to ring.   

How pls? I do believe history shows, can you tell me how to check, and, what to adjust. thank you

"If obi call history has no record then need to figure out why the call is not being received. Likely an incorrect gv account setting.  If this, could you explain fix pls?

ok, thank you so far for replies... I have a question, are you guys all "Volunteers" ?

thanks so much!

Quote from: GPz1100 on August 07, 2018, 10:46:18 AM
Many of us have functioning devices with the new gvsip platform.

There are many many factors that go into making it a functional system including gv account settings and obi device settings.  Because of so many variables, the typical tactic is to factory reset and start over.  I believe other threads/posts gave you direction.

With respect to inbound calls, does obi call history indicate the call is received?  If so, then it's a setting that needs adjusting to tell the obi device which phone port to ring. 

If obi call history has no record then need to figure out why the call is not being received. Likely an incorrect gv account setting.

Redw00d

ok, GPz...

"
With respect to inbound calls, does obi call history indicate the call is received?  If so, then it's a setting that needs adjusting to tell the obi device which phone port to ring. "

my GOOGLE voice page, shows my OUTgoing calls... I know its going thru my 202, because its long-distance
this page is NOT showing any incoming calls. 

you are saying 'obi call history' ... I'm sorry, I'm not sure I know how/where to find this... hint pls

thanks so much

GPz1100

In my system I have both obi's linked to a host name so I don't have to remember their ip's.

http://obi202/callhistory.htm

So replace obi202 with whatever IP your system assigned.

Redw00d

thank you GPz

I figgered it out, obi call history is ONLY outbound calls...  NON incoming

they say, from PH1 to SP1, (number) ringing, call connected... a few times, says, call ended

ok? now what, thank you

===========

ok, so, had my wife call into my Google phone # ... both phones rang, and, obi call history Shows the call...

am I getting any Closer? here is my obi call history:

From SP1(+number)   Fork to:
PH1
PH2
15:13:46      Ringing (PH1)
15:13:46      Ringing (PH2)
15:13:53      Call Connected (PH1)
15:14:41      Call Ended

GPz1100

I'm confused.  What happened above during the 50 seconds between connected and call ended?

Redw00d

Quote from: GPz1100 on August 07, 2018, 04:33:56 PM
I'm confused.  What happened above during the 50 seconds between connected and call ended?

was a test call:

15:13:53      Call Connected (PH1)
15:14:41      Call Ended

call lasted... 48 seconds... just a test call....wife just said hello, I said, ok, it rang...

GPz1100

You were able to receive a call and answer it successfully then.  What is the issue then?

Redw00d

Quote from: GPz1100 on August 08, 2018, 06:27:38 AM
You were able to receive a call and answer it successfully then.  What is the issue then?

ok, I have a land line.... with no long distance... so , I have obi for long distance.

people call, land line rings, works...   new obi202 doesn't ring, and, I can't pick it up and talk.

wife dialed the obi202 phone number, to test it, it rang, I answered...

Problem is, when friends dial land line ( I have tethered phone there ) we are stuck at that phone.

I want, calls coming IN, to ring, and connect to either, landline and/or obi202....

this is HOW it worked, until it stopped, without any changes on my end...

hope thats clear?

thanks, really would like to just Use this, and not spend Another day, re-configuring it...

GPz1100

Not really.  This is the first mention of a land line (PSTN?) with no long distance at all.  I assume the land line is by a local provider, separate from the phones connected to the obi?? 

If folks are dialing your land line number then the obi will not ring at all.  If folks are dialing your gv # then a phone attached to the obi will ring, as well as any forwarding numbers (landline??) defined and set active in the google account.

So are you saying your land line no longer rings when people are calling your gv #?  Is the land line number still defined in your gv profile as a forwarding number, and is it enabled for forwarding?

drgeoff

Quote from: GPz1100 on August 08, 2018, 09:26:25 AM
Not really.  This is the first mention of a land line (PSTN?) with no long distance at all.  I assume the land line is by a local provider, separate from the phones connected to the obi??  

If folks are dialing your land line number then the obi will not ring at all.  If folks are dialing your gv # then a phone attached to the obi will ring, as well as any forwarding numbers (landline??) defined and set active in the google account.

So are you saying your land line no longer rings when people are calling your gv #?  Is the land line number still defined in your gv profile as a forwarding number, and is it enabled for forwarding?

Perhaps the clue is the second line of the opening post!

Maybe Redw00d thinks that the two RJ11 jacks on the 202 work the same way as they did on his previous OBi.  :(

GPz1100

Quote from: drgeoff on August 08, 2018, 09:59:47 AM

From

"I used a 110 for Many years... wonderful"

From that you're able to decipher that the FXO port on that device is in use and has issues receiving calls??  Note the subject of this thread, obi202, not obi110!.

I tip my hat off to you... Unsubscribing.

drgeoff

Quote from: GPz1100 on August 08, 2018, 10:07:33 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on August 08, 2018, 09:59:47 AM

From

"I used a 110 for Many years... wonderful"

From that you're able to decipher that the FXO port on that device is in use and has issues receiving calls??  Note the subject of this thread, obi202, not obi110!.

I tip my hat off to you... Unsubscribing.
I'm not surmising that the 110 is still in use.  I'm thinking that Redw00d had the PSTN line plugged in to the LINE port of his 110.  When people called his landline number the phone plugged in to that OBi would ring.  Now he is using an OBi202 and appears* to be saying that when people call his landline number the phone plugged in to the 202 does not ring.  Quelle surprise.

* Redwood wrote "people call, land line rings, works...   new obi202 doesn't ring, and, I can't pick it up and talk."

Redw00d

wow, So much to cover, HOPE I get them all:

1. Nope, no obi110 connected at all now.

2. new obi202, Both phones rang (land line AND obi202) worked for about a week or so...

3. no, NO landline plugged into obi202... landline to ONE phone... not cordless... obi202 connected to walk around phones...

4. landline is ATT, no long distance 

5. "
If folks are dialing your land line number then the obi will not ring at all.... well, it DOESN"T now, That's what i"m trying to Fix... they Both worked, both rang, could pickup either phone, when someone called my home/land line number... Just as it did, for years, with obi110...

6. "So are you saying your land line no longer rings when people are calling your gv #?  Is the land line number still defined in your gv profile as a forwarding number, and is it enabled for forwarding?"

NObody calls my gv#... NObody... and, Yes, I do Believe, land line is correctly enabled... because it all worked... until it didn't, withOut me making any changes... could an UPdate change?

7. I do appriciate all of your time... I have started from scratch, over and over, new googlevoice id's, changed, etc, etc... now, I do try Hard to follow suggestions, but, I have NO idea what all this stuff means.. you guys are some kinda geniouses....  my problem seems Simple, get my obi202 to work like it did a couple weeks ago, call my ONLY known number, ring landline And walkaround hooked to the obi202.

am I Missing something here?

thanks again

drgeoff

Quote from: Redw00d on August 08, 2018, 12:19:19 PM
wow, So much to cover, HOPE I get them all:

1. Nope, no obi110 connected at all now.

2. new obi202, Both phones rang (land line AND obi202) worked for about a week or so...

3. no, NO landline plugged into obi202... landline to ONE phone... not cordless... obi202 connected to walk around phones...

4. landline is ATT, no long distance 

5. "
If folks are dialing your land line number then the obi will not ring at all.... well, it DOESN"T now, That's what i"m trying to Fix... they Both worked, both rang, could pickup either phone, when someone called my home/land line number... Just as it did, for years, with obi110...

6. "So are you saying your land line no longer rings when people are calling your gv #?  Is the land line number still defined in your gv profile as a forwarding number, and is it enabled for forwarding?"

NObody calls my gv#... NObody... and, Yes, I do Believe, land line is correctly enabled... because it all worked... until it didn't, withOut me making any changes... could an UPdate change?

7. I do appriciate all of your time... I have started from scratch, over and over, new googlevoice id's, changed, etc, etc... now, I do try Hard to follow suggestions, but, I have NO idea what all this stuff means.. you guys are some kinda geniouses....  my problem seems Simple, get my obi202 to work like it did a couple weeks ago, call my ONLY known number, ring landline And walkaround hooked to the obi202.

am I Missing something here?

thanks again

What you are missing is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a call to your AT&T landline number to ring your GV number (and hence the portable phone plugged in to your OBi202) unless you have a "forward" of some kind on that AT&T number.  Nothing you configure on your OBi202, nothing you configure in your settings at voice.google.com, no bug fix by Obihai or Google, no feature that Obihai or Google could introduce can alter that fact.

If you wanted the same functionality you had with the Obi110 you should have purchased an Obi212.

The OBiLINE accessory plugs in to the USB port on the 202 and enables you to connect a PSTN line.  However there are reports that its performance, especially with regard to echo, is less satisfactory than is attainable with the OBi110.

If you still have the Obi110, there is an easy solution. Connect the 110 to the PSTN line, the fixed phone, your router and power it up.  Configure it to fork incoming calls to both that fixed phone and to the OBi202.  Incoming calls on the AT&T number will ring both phones and you can answer on either.