I can't receive a damn call or make one, and the support line isn't answering!

Started by Moe., August 10, 2018, 09:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moe.

Hello,

I'm new to the forums because I didn't have to think that I even NEED to go on the forums since I thought the support team will do me any good. Well, NOPE. Anyways recently my ObiHan device isn't letting me make any calls or have incoming calls come in. Whenever I try dialing someone, it says "No service configured error. Please log in to ObiTalk.com and configure your device." Well, I did that. And then got this!

"Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!
Please contact Obihai support if you need further help."

And the thing is I try calling support, to ask which service provider it's configured to, so that way I'll know the rest, but unfortunately I must 'pay for premium support' and all that. If I can get someone to talk to me, like an agent, it would be APPRECIATED, because i'm sick of this.

A_Friend

Can you tell us a little more about the device?

Which one is it?  How long have you had it?  Was it new?  Does it have any logos on it besides Obihai?  Were you ever able to make calls before?  Can you get into the voice setup menu by dialing ***?

drgeoff

Quote from: Moe. on August 10, 2018, 09:54:06 AM

"Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!
Please contact Obihai support if you need further help."
That is not a new retail device.  Where did you get it?

A_Friend

Quote from: drgeoff on August 10, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
That is not a new retail device.  Where did you get it?

I wonder if we'll hear from Moe again.  He's certainly not anxiously following this thread.

Considering the frequent online sales of Obihai products, I'm not sure how much anyone would actually save buying a used one, especially one branded by an ITSP.  But, it does raise an interesting question.  If someone does have one of those, can it be jail-broken?  If it's old enough, would you be able to flash it with the crowd-sourced build on obifirmware.com and then have your way with it?  Or is it likely hard-coded with a password you don't know and can't reset?

Just curious from a theoretical hardware-hacking standpoint.  I doubt it's actually worth anyone's time, unless it was burning a hole in your junk box.

alonchu

I have the same issue.
I bought a few units from my hardware vendor.

Is there a way to flash the firmware?

drgeoff

Quote from: alonchu on March 14, 2019, 05:34:12 PM
I have the same issue.
I bought a few units from my hardware vendor.

Is there a way to flash the firmware?
It isn't a firmware issue.  The portal recognises the serial numbers.

SteveInWA

Make your "hardware vendor" give you your money back.  Those are not legitimate-to-sell units.  They're salvaged from some other installation that was using a managed service provider.

GIOS

I cannot make or receive calls!!! I have send multiple support tickets.  I have 508 in use, connection is ok with server and Google Voice.  Can someone please help?

loumarjr

I still can't make or receive calls on my 508 either.

I'm not sure if they are working on the issue or not.

Very frustrating.