I can't receive a damn call or make one, and the support line isn't answering!

Started by Moe., August 10, 2018, 09:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moe.

Hello,

I'm new to the forums because I didn't have to think that I even NEED to go on the forums since I thought the support team will do me any good. Well, NOPE. Anyways recently my ObiHan device isn't letting me make any calls or have incoming calls come in. Whenever I try dialing someone, it says "No service configured error. Please log in to ObiTalk.com and configure your device." Well, I did that. And then got this!

"Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!
Please contact Obihai support if you need further help."

And the thing is I try calling support, to ask which service provider it's configured to, so that way I'll know the rest, but unfortunately I must 'pay for premium support' and all that. If I can get someone to talk to me, like an agent, it would be APPRECIATED, because i'm sick of this.

cmenow

Try sending an Email request for support to obi.support@polycom.com

Obihai Support is next to nonexistant. 

SteveInWA

Quote from: Moe. on August 10, 2018, 09:54:19 AM

"Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!
Please contact Obihai support if you need further help."

As the car mechanic would say, "well THERE'S your problem, sir."

That message means that you bought this device off of eBay or Craigslist or some other unauthorized source, and it was a device that was locked to a telephone service provider.  It's a paperweight.

A_Friend