News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200, Google Voice — international calls rejected

Started by Sarunas, August 11, 2018, 12:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarunas

Hi,

OBi200, firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX). Service provider SP1 is Google Voice (GV). Calls to local 10-digit US numbers do work. International calls stopped working some time ago. I get one of the following audible replies, without any relation to how the international number is entered:

"rejected by the service provider, reason is 603"

or

"has not received a response from the service provider"

Previosusly it worked as just CountrycodeNumber.

Now I tried 00CountrycodeNumber and 011CountrycodeNumber,  with the above responses.

I tried removing GV as service provider and then adding it back. (We also have Anveo for E911 as SP2).

I also tried removing the OBi200 device altogether using the OBi web interface, resetting it to factory defaults ***8,1, removing app authorizations on Google Apps site, adding OBi device back as new and configuring GV and Anveo anew. Checking for firmware ***6 updates,  To no avail.

Is there a way to make OBi 200 to work with GV for international calls? Am I using the wrong number format? The traditional tone-dial phone doesn't have the "+" key.

International calling still works from the Google web interface on computers, Android.

Thanks for any help on this.

drgeoff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SIP_response_codes#6xx%E2%80%94Global_Failure_Responses

"603 Decline
The destination does not wish to participate in the call, or cannot do so, and additionally the destination knows there are no alternative destinations (such as a voicemail server) willing to accept the call."

Are you able to try another country as destination?

Sarunas

> Are you able to try another country as destination?

I just tried KLM airline as a test. Their UK and Netherlands numbers do work. My friends' numbers in Estonia, Denmark and Lithuania — don't!

What's going on?..

drgeoff

Quote from: Sarunas on August 11, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
> Are you able to try another country as destination?

I just tried KLM airline as a test. Their UK and Netherlands numbers do work. My friends' numbers in Estonia, Denmark and Lithuania — don't!

What's going on?..

At a guess Google is using a different carrier for the calls that succeed and the calls that fail and there is some problem with the with the one that is giving the failed calls.  Not much you can do except try to flag it to GV on their support forum.

Sarunas

Thanks. Not sure I understand. Any destination still works when using GV from a web browser. Why is it different when using the same GV from OBi...

drgeoff

Quote from: Sarunas on August 11, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
Thanks. Not sure I understand. Any destination still works when using GV from a web browser. Why is it different when using the same GV from OBi...
Good question.

Few people understand the inner workings of GV.  I'm not one of them.  :(

SteveInWA

Offhand, all I can think of, is that you must dial 011 then the country code and number, when calling from the OBi-attached phone.  Perhaps you're not doing that on the failing calls?

Sarunas

Yes, using 011 prefix. It does work for UK and NL numbers.

SteveInWA

Now I don't understand what you are doing.  First, you said that international calls don't work, then you said:

"Any destination still works when using GV from a web browser. Why is it different when using the same GV from OBi..."

Then you said "Yes, using 011 prefix. It does work for UK and NL numbers."

At this point, I believe you mean:

• I am now prefixing all international calls with 011, which is required, regardless of how I am placing calls (OBi vs. other methods).
  • My international calls to some countries work, but not to other countries.
  • I have not clearly documented whether the numbers I CAN call on my computer via Google Hangouts at https://hangouts.google.com/ work or don't work when calling via my OBi device.
  • I have not clearly documented whether the numbers I CANNOT call via Hangouts work or don't work on my OBi device.

Have you made any expert-mode changes to your OBi device's digit maps?  If not, then the OBi doesn't care which country you are calling, as long as you prefix international calls with 011.  011 is the same as dialing +.

Sarunas

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 12, 2018, 04:52:23 PM

• I am now prefixing all international calls with 011, which is required, regardless of how I am placing calls (OBi vs. other methods).
Prefixing with 011 when using a phone attached to OBi 200, GV as SP.
Prefixing with + when calling from Hangouts in web browser.

Correct.

• I have not clearly documented whether the numbers I CAN call on my computer via Google Hangouts at https://hangouts.google.com/ work or don't work when calling via my OBi device.

• I have not clearly documented whether the numbers I CANNOT call via Hangouts work or don't work on my OBi device.
All numbers work in Hangouts. Some of them don't work via OBi with GV as a service provider.

Have you made any expert-mode changes to your OBi device's digit maps?
No expert mode changes. I also clearly documented, that a factory reset was done.
[/list]

SteveInWA

I can't think of any reason that some international calls would work, whereas others don't work.

mohnish82

I have this exact same issue and tried the same steps regarding international prefix.

Before Google's new "better Google Voice platform" changes, everything worked, but stopped since mid-May, after they announced XMPP retirement.

I cannot place any calls to India thru' Obihai using GV. Earlier I just had to put country code (91) in front of the number, and that worked for over 3 years. Now neither 91, 0091 or 01191 work. Cannot use "+", on my handset, so don't know whether it would work or not.

But, US and Canada calls work just fine, as before. Finally, ended up routing India calls thru' Callcentric.

SteveInUS

Quote from: mohnish82 on August 18, 2018, 03:13:19 PM
I cannot place any calls to India thru' Obihai using GV. Earlier I just had to put country code (91) in front of the number, and that worked for over 3 years. Now neither 91, 0091 or 01191 work. Cannot use "+", on my handset, so don't know whether it would work or not.

Where is your OBi device located India or USA?
Googlevoice does not allow calling an Indian phone number from a device located in India, to be compliant with Indian telephone regulations.

Sarunas

Quote from: Sarunas on August 13, 2018, 08:12:30 AM
    Quote from: SteveInWA on August 12, 2018, 04:52:23 PM

Prefixing with 011 when using a phone attached to OBi 200, GV as SP.
    Prefixing with + when calling from Hangouts in web browser.

Correct.

All numbers work in Hangouts. Some of them don't work via OBi with GV as a service provider.

Have you made any expert-mode changes to your OBi device's digit maps?
    No expert mode changes. I also clearly documented, that a factory reset was done.
    [/list]

Calls now work for me. '011 country-code area-code number'

Sarunas

Quote from: Sarunas on September 01, 2018, 05:15:03 AM
    Calls now work for me. '011 country-code area-code number'

I spoke too soon! Today calls to 011 370 (mobile number) didn't work. Call to 011 370 (landline number) workded in the morning, but stopped working in the afternoon! Same '603' "reason".

This is mostly disconcerting, especially that OBi cannot offer any credible explanation what's going on. Intermittent 'Reason 603' isn't nearly good enough. What about E911 service? --- will it work, when needed?...