News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no dial tone and each time I try to add device for an OBi110 it does nothing

Started by semantic2, September 05, 2011, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semantic2

i can't seem to add google voice to this OBi110, I was able to update the device to the latest firmware. But I cannot hear a dial tone and when I do, and try to add device and dial a number i get nothing but a busy signal. Am I doing something wrong? I thought it was more simple plug and play. have no issues with internet. just can't get anything else to work other than going to the device via ip address.

RonR

An OBi should provide a dialtone even if it's totally unconfigured and not connected to anything but a telephone.  After simply connecting it to the Internet, you should be able to successfully reach **9 222 222 222.  I'd sort that out first.  You may have a defective unit.

semantic2

nope i tried that and still don't work but then again i have no dial tone.

RonR

Reset the OBi to factory defaults.

If you don't have dialtone, then either the OBi or the telephone connected to its PHONE Port is defective.

semantic2

well i highly doubt my phone is defective since i was using it with voip service a couple of days ago and it worked fine with it. reset the unit to factory and will test again.

semantic2

so I managed to reset the darn thing and now I am able to actually connect it to my account in google. only problem now is after the darn thing rebooted. i either get dial tone or get i get a busy signal and it doesn't end. it doesn't let me call anything. i think this thing is defective unless someone's got any good ideas????????

RonR

Delete the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Reset the OBi to factory Defaults.

Do NOT attempt any configuration of the OBi.

If you can successfully call **9 222 222 222, the OBi is probably not defective.

If you cannot successfully call **9 222 222 222 under these conditions, you should contact Obihai for assistance.

semantic2

well i did all you said. i couldn't get it to say it was working. then it did do it once and i was able to connect the darn thing. after that it didn't work again. to me that means it's defective crap. it should work.