News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 200 red led

Started by Nick0bi, August 14, 2018, 11:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick0bi

Hi,

I have obi200 that was working fine until a few days ago when I plugged it and it was solid red led. I have tried to reset the device using a paper clip and noting happens.

Is there a way to flash recover the device?

thank you so much

drgeoff

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/troubleshooting

Ensure that you are fully following the instructions for how to reset.

Nick0bi

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have followed the instructions in the link you have provided and I have also tried a different 12v power adapter.
I have also created a support ticket but go no reply that is why I am trying this forum  ;D

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

drgeoff

Quote from: Nick0bi on August 14, 2018, 11:30:20 AM
Thank you for the quick reply.

I have followed the instructions in the link you have provided and I have also tried a different 12v power adapter.
I have also created a support ticket but go no reply that is why I am trying this forum  ;D

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

I fear it is effectively dead.  Check your router's admin pages to see if the Obi is connected to it.  In the very unlikely event that it is, try pointing a browser at the OBi's IP address and report back what happens.

The only other way to flash the unit might be via serial cable or JTAG but I don't know if the OBi implements those.  Anyway if you had the equipment and knowledge to use those techniques they would have already occurred to you.

Nick0bi

Correct there is no mac address showing the obi 200. I believe it's bricked :(

Anything else worth trying ?

drgeoff

Quote from: Nick0bi on August 14, 2018, 12:20:46 PM
Correct there is no mac address showing the obi 200. I believe it's bricked :(

Anything else worth trying ?

Not that I can advise you of.

With more than 50 years of hardware experience and test equipment such as multimeters and oscilloscopes to hand I would already be looking inside it.  But that isn't an option for you.

Nick0bi

I was hoping a recovery via usb :P thanks for the info.