News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voicemail and Call Centric Extension Voicemail

Started by MWJeff, August 14, 2018, 08:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWJeff

I used to have this set-up and something changed and I am not sure how to fix it.

Device: OBIHAI 1062

I have a GV line set-up on SIP1. When the call was not answered it used to go to GV voicemail (with my customized greeting). I also have Callcentric extensions set-up with voicemail boxes for each user. If the call was accepted and transferred to a Callcentric extension, and it was unanswered, it would then leave a voicemail on that extension's callcentric voicemail box.

Now, when a call comes in via GV, and is not answered, it goes to one of the callcentric voicemail boxes directly instead of the GV voicemail for that line - so the customer hears the greeting for the individual vs the business. Additionally, callcentric only allows a 20-second voicemail which I cannot figure out how to change.

If anyone has any insight into why this is happening or things I should check I would greatly appreciate it!

Bobconan

I am very curious how you were able to get the OBI to send general voicemails back to the GV line

SteveInWA

Understand the basic concepts of Google Voice and voicemail:

When someone calls your inbound Google Voice phone number, Google Voice then simultaneously forwards that call to up to six 10-digit linked/forwarding phone numbers, and to any Polycom OBiTALK device configured on that account, and to any Hangouts client that is signed into that account and has its "ring on inbound calls" setting toggled on.

Whichever one of those destinations answers first, within the approximately 25 second ring period, wins the race and grabs the call.  If no destination answers after 25 seconds, Google Voice gives up and takes the message back to GV VM.

So:  if one of your destinations answers before 25 seconds, it will always grab the call and, if that number isn't answered within its own ring interval, it will take the message.

Therefore, you need to set each Callcentric extension's "Ring for" interval to 30 seconds or longer, so that it won't win the race and take the message.