News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to add OBi2162 devices

Started by Brian_W, August 15, 2018, 12:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_W

Unable to add new OBi2162 devices, purchased from Polycom's Amazon store, using OBiTALK portal.

Test calls to OBiTALK sever echo as expected (impressive, near-zero latency). Re-registering existing OBi200 works as expected.

Every attempt to register OBi2162 errors out: "There is no call route available to complete your call". OBiTalk times out, then asks to try again.

Restarted router (multiple times), changed DNS servers for DHCP clients, disabled firewall to no avail. Reset the device (multiple times). Firmware is current as shipped. Wired, gigabit LAN connection OK.

Any help? Thank you.

KirkO

Like a few others, I purchased this phone (Obi2162) to work with Google Voice AND an additional Voip service my company uses, as I office from home, as you can do multiple services with it. I was able to register the phone via: https://www.obitalk.com for Google Voice. I registered my Google Voice Number, and the OBiTALK dashboard said "Connected" and registered... BUT I could not call out or call in on my google voice (consumer version) Google Voice number.

By going to the info menu on the phone, I looked at the firmware version of the phone, which was version 6.2.2.

I then went here: https://www.obitalk.com/info/contact
I could only get to this page via Google-ing it.

I filled out the support request form AND left a voicemail at the support #: (408) 890-6000
You also need the 9-digit Obi Number on the bottom of the phone, which is different than your Google voice number.
I told them in the form and the voicemail that I bought a NEW Obi2162, registered my Google Voice number, but was unable to call in or out, but it showed up on the phone as port or line 1.

A couple hours later I received this email back:
----------
Hi,
We've received your voicemail message about your OBi2162 phone and needing firmware update to the OBi phone.  Thank you.

Your OBi phone firmware is now up to date and Google Voice account xxxxxx@gmail.com status remained "Connected".  You should be able to make calls in/out now.  Please let us know.

Best regards,
Obi support at Poly
----------

I went and looked at the firmware and it now said version 6.2.3.

I also not that I tried to update the firmware before I ever contacted support, and the phone told me there was none, and that I could not.  I could not find the firmware anywhere.

This DID fix the issue of having the phone work with Google Voice.  The process was not hard, but some people may not have been able to find the correct support page easily, and it is weird that the THEY had to send an update to the phone. vs. the phone being able to fetch it.

The phone works as it should now with the correct firmware.

soconnor

Just bought the 2162. Nice phone and looking forward to using it - but actually need to use it quickly as my old Gigaset phone died. Alas...came with firmware 6.2.2 and despite ObiTalk saying GV was configured...the phone didn't bind to the GV device list using the configurator. Opened a ticket. Then left a facebook message and left a voicemail. Then sent more facebook messages, opened another ticket. Left another message. Called Amazon technical support to see if they could awaken Obihai support. Called Poly support. All to no avail. Just a little frustrated with this. I sense I need the 6.2.3 to make this work which seems have done the trick for everyone else. Not sure what else to do at this point.