News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

the number you dialed xxxx has not received a resonse from your service provider

Started by skipro-tahoe, August 19, 2018, 07:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro-tahoe

My wife has her work voice mail transferred to a CallCentric number which is configured in my OBi 202. When we call her work number to hear her voice message, it rings 11 times and then we get this message. No problems when we call from a phone not going through OBi, but it will ring 11 times before the call is picked up and her work voice message plays. It appears that OBi may be timing out.

Taoman

Your post is very unclear to me. How do you get "her work voice mail transferred to a CallCentric number?" Do you mean you ported her work number to Callcentric? Or is her work number being forwarded to Callcentric somehow or what?

Assuming you have a Callcentric DID registered on your OBi and you want to access her voicemail thru that trunk you would dial *123 which should have been added to your DigitMap automatically when you first configured the Callcentric trunk using the wizard.

skipro-tahoe

Taoman,
Thank you for your reply and sorry for my unclear cry for help. Yes, my wife forwards her work phone, internally through her work "phone system", to the CallCentric number which is setup in our OBi, location #1. When she is away from work, she likes to check periodically that when someone calls her work number they will get her "out of office" current message. She checks this by calling her work number and expects/hopes to hear the message she placed on her office system. All is fine, but if we try to call her work number on our OBi, location #2, using GV as the local/OBi provider, we get this message, but not if we call from another phone system, such as our cell phones, where she does connect and hears her voice message. I hope this is clearer.

Taoman

Quote from: skipro-tahoe on August 19, 2018, 04:12:52 PM
She checks this by calling her work number and expects/hopes to hear the message she placed on her office system.

Still not clear to me. So the "out of office" message is played by her office system? Then what happens? The call then gets forwarded to Callcentric so the caller can leave a message?

Does OBi1 location also have a GV trunk? If so, can you call her work number from that OBi GV trunk and does it work?

What I really want to know is have you tried using GV from anywhere else to call her work number? Like using GV at a different location, or using the GV app on a smartphone, or using Hangouts (hangouts.google.com).
You need to isolate whether the problem is that particular OBi device or is it using GV in general from anywhere that is the problem.

When your wife is at work, can you call her successfully using the GV trunk on OBi2 or do you also get the "has not received a response from the service provider?" IOW, does the GV trunk on OBi2 work just fine for all other calls except to your wife's work number when it is being forwarded to Callcentric?

bindoy

Hi,

When I dial out, I get a similar prerecorded message ("the number you dialed xxxx was rejected by the service provider.  Reason is 400").

How can I solve my problem?  I have an Obi100. I was told by Anveo.com that the problem is with the Obi device.

Many thanks for your help.

Bindoy

drgeoff

Quote from: bindoy on August 20, 2018, 09:35:41 AM
Hi,

When I dial out, I get a similar prerecorded message ("the number you dialed xxxx was rejected by the service provider.  Reason is 400").

How can I solve my problem?  I have an Obi100. I was told by Anveo.com that the problem is with the Obi device.

Many thanks for your help.

Bindoy
Please do not hijack threads.  Start your own.  And when you do you will need to supply much more information as working crystal balls are as rare as hens' teeth.

skipro-tahoe

Taoman,
If my wife is not going to be in the office, she forwards her office phone, via her office phone system, to the CC # which rings in another location were she will be, "location#1", through the OBi in that location. The OBi there is set up with this CC # for incoming calls. If she does not answer, after 11 rings, the work voice message plays the same whether her work # is forwarded or is NOT forwarded. So when she forwards her work number to the CC #, and she does not answer, her regular work voice message will play after so many rings. This works fine.
If someone calls her work number they get this message after so many calls. If I call her work number I also will get this message after so many calls. This all works fine.
It is only if I call her work number from "location #2", through another OBi using GV for out going calls that I get this message, after 11 rings.
As you suggested, I called her work number thru Hangouts at "location#2", and all works, we hear her message. It appears to be an OBi issue, maybe timing out after 11 rings.
I hope I have made this clear.

skipro-tahoe

Addendum,
Forgot to add:
I have not, and cannot, try this or call her work number from "location #1", as it is 3000 miles away. The OBi setups are the same with GV, on both OBis. It may be a particular OBi machine, but I will not be able to try the other for several weeks.
I can call her work number through OBi/GV when she does not have the number forwarded and there are no problems. It is only when she forwards the number.